Liteon DG-16D5S LTU2 Official Team Xecutor Guide

henry winkler Aug 12, 2013

1. he

henry winkler Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    The following tutorial will take you through the simple process of flashing a Liteon DG-16D5S LTU2 PCB or Hitachi DL10N LTU2 PCB using Jungle Flasher.

Hardware Requirements:

• Xecuter DG-16D5S LTU2 Unlocked PCB or Hitachi DL10N LTU2 Unlocked PCB
    • Xecuter X360USB PRO (V1 or V2)
    • DVD Drive Power Supply (X360USB PRO V2, CK3i, CK3 PRO, CK3 Mini or CK3 Lite)
    • RGH Glitch Device (CoolRunner, CR3 Lite, CR3 PRO, DGX, RGX etc)
    • NAND R/W Tool (16MB use NAND-X or JR Programmer OR for 4GB use the 4GB SD R/W Kit)
    • To identify which 360S motherboard you have click here
    • If you have a Corona v3, v4, v5 or v6 you will need a POSTFIX ADAPTER.
    • Sata Cable (Supplied with X360USB PRO)
    • USB Cable (Supplied with X360USB PRO)

Software Requirements:

• Latest version of Jungle Flasher (Must be at least v0.1.95 Beta 321)
    • Latest version of J-Runner (Must be at least v0.2.289
    • Latest version of X360USB PRO firmware (must be at least v20.1 - works with both V1 and V2)
    • LTU2 Firmware (found in the usual places)
    • X360USB PRO Windows Drivers (V1 and V2)
    • Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 - 32bit or 64bit
    • MAC OSX (Using Parallels, Bootcamp or VMWare)

Concept:

• Get a valid dump of your NAND
    • Get the CPU Key
    • Extract required files from NAND
    • Build the LTU2 Firmware and write it to the LTU2 PCB

Brief Steps of the Process:

1. Read your NAND twice
    2. Compare the files to ensure they match
    3. Install RGH device
    4. Write ECC to console
    5. Boot to XELL and get CPU Key
    6. Restore NAND to stock and remove RGH device
    7. Use the extract files function in J-Runner
    8. Connect your DVD drive (with LTU2 PCB installed) to PC using any of the available methods (X360 USB PRO V2 or X360 USB PRO V1 + CK3 i/Pro/Lite/Mini)
    9. Create Custom Firmware in Jungle Flasher
    10. Get the LTU2 PCB into Vendor Mode
    11. Write custom firmware to the LTU2 PCB
    12. Enjoy [​IMG]

In Detail:

Step 1 (Read your NAND twice)
    I'm not going to go into great detail on how to install a NAND-X or JR Programmer or RGH and use J-Runner. There are many many guides here on the forums in the correct. I'll touch on it briefly

With Xbox power cable connected but Xbox powered off start reading the NAND in J-Runner

If you get 250 errors during the read, those are bad blocks, they are completely normal and can happen in any console

If you get unknown flashconfig check your connections and soldering and try again

TIP If you use a JR PROGRAMMER ensure that the correct .hex is programmed

For JR PROGRAMMER v2: PICFLASH_E_1_0_5-JRP-V2.HEX
    For those with JR PROGRAMMER v1 and the upgrade board: PICFLASH_E_1_0_4_JRP1_ISD.HEX
    For those with JR PROGRAMMER v1 but without the upgrade board: PICFLASH_E_1_0_4_ISD_BIT.HEX

If the JR PROGRAMMER has a red light it means it's on bootloader mode and/or the wrong fw is programmed.

or if you have a 4GB Corona

Install the 4GB R/W QSB Kit

Turn the 4GB kit's switch to R/W and plug Xbox power in that order but do not power on

Connect the SD card to PC using a compatible card reader, most readers are picky so you may have to find one that works

Windows will detect that a new drive connected and will ask you to format, say NO of course!
    If it doesn't say that, you did something wrong.

In J-Runner press Read NAND and choose Corona 4GB, it will open a window

Select the correct drive letter and hit Read
    Hint: Sometimes the size comes up as 0, if it reads with no errors, just ignore it.

Step 2 (Compare the files to ensure they match)

This step is pretty straightforward and J-Runner will do it automatically once the 2nd read finishes.
    Just read the log and ensure there are no errors.

Step 3 (Install RGH device)

I won't go into detail here, there are already A LOT of guides and threads that explain how to install your RGH device and program it with the appropriate xsvf if needed. There are so many devices to choose from - for slims the fastest methods are CR3 PRO or DGX.

Step 4 (Write ECC to console)

If the dash is 15574 or higher J-Runner should enable the Write ECC* button

If it isn't enabled, use the Advanced -> Write ECC for >14719 function

Or if the dash is lower, click Create ECC

Write that to the console

Step 5 (Boot to XELL and get CPU Key)

Remove the JR Programmer/Nand-X or if you have 4GB NAND set the R/W adapter to X360

Press the Power button of your Xbox, if everything was done correctly it should boot to XELL

Get your cpukey here, either by writing it down manually, using the ethernet port, or the com monitor.

Step 6 (Restore NAND to stock and remove RGH device)

After you have the CPU Key remove the RGH device and the rest of the wires if you wish (Always handy to leave in place though especially if you used any QSB's)

In J-Runner load the nanddump.bin file to source and hit Write Nand, that will revert your console to stock

After that's done, you're finished with the RGH part, remove nand wires if you wish to and set the 4GB R/W adapter to X360 if you used one.

Step 7 (Use the extract files function in J-Runner)

In J-Runner click Tools -> Extract Files
    Just check there are no errors on the log

Step 8 Connect your DVD drive (with LTU2 PCB installed) to PC

Install the LTU2 PCB to your DVD chassis. You can use the no solder adapter block however I totally recommend that you solder the wires. 9 times out of 10 users report issues because they simply didn't connect the wires to the adapter correctly. How is that even possible you ask? Trust me - you'd be amazed what installers mess up [​IMG]

INFO NOTE: Remember to save your original PCB from your drive! You will be using it later for its unique info.

There are several methods to hooking up the drive to your PC. There are many guides and tutorials here on the forums on how to do this.

TIP REMEMBER!! Power and Data are two different areas of connection. Power is handled by a CK3i or CK3 Pro - data is handled by the X360USB PRO (X360USB PRO V2 is essentially the V1 and the CK3i in one device so it will handle both power and data)

Step 9 Create custom firmware in Jungle Flasher

In Jungle Flasher, load the target LTU2 firmware that matches your drive version.

[​IMG]

Right click on the grey area and hit Key C/R.
    A pop up box will appear, load the files you extracted (key.bin and C/R.bin) from J-Runner in there.

INFO If you have your original PCB, make sure you have it hooked up and recognized in JF in the MTKFlash tab. It does NOT need to be inside of a drive chassis for this. The next step will not give you a prompt to hook it up to JF.
    If you do not have your original PCB hooked up and powered, JF will not be able to grab the unique info for your drive.

Press OK and Jungle Flasher will create your LTU2 custom firmware. It will also grab any unique info from your drive; this isn't needed so if you don't have the drive its OK, but its always nice to have unique info, right? [​IMG]

Once done save the custom firmware and keep it safe.

Step 10 Get LTU2 PCB into Vendor Mode

MTK Flash tab ---> Flashing Tasks section - Select 'PHAT'
    [​IMG]

Power off the drive using the CK3 power switch

Click the Intro / Device ID button
    [​IMG]

Before pressing 'Yes' on the pop up window, press and hold the Vendor Button on the LTU2 External Board
    Now press 'Yes' on the pop up and power on the drive using the CK3 power switch
    [​IMG]

Once status 0x72 appears let go of the LTU2 vendor button. It should be an immediate change.
    [​IMG]

INFO Note: If you have an X360USB PRO V2 or CK3i then the power cycling steps are done automatically. You just need to make sure you press and hold the Vendor Button on the LTU2 PCB before you click Intro/Device ID.

You should now see full vendor mode
    [​IMG]

Step 11 Write custom firmware to the LTU2 PCB

To write to the LTU2 pcb the spi must be unlocked (both physically and via software) to ensure this is unlocked (software) 0x00 must be displayed. If 0x8C is shown – ensure SPi lock is set to unlocked (WP#=1) and press the 0x8C button. If you have not set the switch you will get this warning:
    [​IMG]

If this occurs, move the switch and select yes.
    You should then see this:
    [​IMG]

The Firmware you prepared earlier can now be written to the drive by pressing the write button.
    Once written – lock the SPI again by pressing 0x00 button and moving the lock switch to locked (WP#=0)

Now press outro

Step 12 Test everything and enjoy

Full credit to Ubergeek he did a great job on this tutorial as usual.

This tutorial was written by UBERGEEK from team xecutor im just sharing his knowledge with the rest of the community

Heres the original tutorial

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/138374-Liteon-DG-16D5S-LTU2-Guide

2. ci

cindywang Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    where can i find LTU2 fireware? what is the usual place? i am a new for modder.

3. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    great tut possibly a candidate for a pinned topic .

4. jayt180703

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ive been trying to read a nand now for three hours checked soldering unsoldered resoldered still no joy then looked closely at jrprogrammer realised that its the newer version with the upgrade board so i think ill need this PICFLASH_E_1_0_4_JRP1_ISD.HEX im hoping this is the correct hex file and if so anyone know where i can get it from been looking im not finding cheers .

5. xTG_IrOnZzZ

xTG_IrOnZzZ Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Does it have the speed upgrade soldered on or is it a JRP V2?

6. jayt180703

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    soldered on mate ,

just found the hex file mate its in the common folder in jrunner lol gonna give it a shot tommorow and hope i can read the nand as stressin about my soldering was annoying me when i knew it was ok and still no joy all hopefully down to an incorrectly programmed programmer ,

7. BI

BIGBITE Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    what if i wanna make corona v6 jtag