LiNK Works!!

mickey79 Dec 13, 2012

1. mickey79

mickey79 Developer XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Guys,

Just wanted to make a quick post to say that LiNK Works!!! Just played my very first game online system link using LiNK, and it was as wonderful an experience as playing on XBOX Live. This is amazing.

I just followed some simple instructions & threads in this forum to set everything up; and just had some quick pointers for n00b's like me trying to get LiNK up & running.

- Get the latest FSD & Dashlaunch for your jTag/RGH
    - Follow the instructions & videos by XPGSensi up in this forum -- they are invaluable.
    - Make sure that you setup Port Forwarding in your router; it's very, very simple. I had a Vonage phone adapter "before" my router that I completely forgot about. Kept getting FAIL after opening ports in my NetGear Router. Once I opened the ports in my Vonage router - everything worked. Make sure there is no device before your main router. We can easily miss something like Vonage or Ooma or other phone service.
    - Another important thing is TU's. If the users in the room are on TU #6. You need to have TU #6 for that game otherwise you will not see any of those users. Happened to me.

Once you have everything working, fire up your game and go into multiplayer & choose system link; once you do that - existing lobby's or games will start to show up. It's that simple.

I just played Gears Of War 3 Horde Mode; and it played flawlessly as if you were on XBOX Live.

This is pretty outstanding work from Team FSD and also big thanks to Sensi and others here at XPG for helping out fellow users.

2. Volts

Volts 1337
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    of course it works -__-