Latest 'Xbox 720' rumors hint at possible Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

XPGBuSh Apr 16, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Playstation 4
    May 21st cannot come soon enough. In what has been a see-saw effect of rumors and speculation regarding Microsoft's next Xbox console, new rumors now suggest that we may, in fact, be getting Xbox 360 backwards compatibility.

This comes after rumors suggesting a requirement for a separate device code named the "Sting Ray" that would also act as a set top box for users looking for a strictly "entertainment" only experience.

The new rumors suggest thats not the case, and the next Xbox will play Xbox 360 games. The source went on to claim that the Xbox 360 SOC (system on chip) was kept a secret to all the developers up until recently. He also went on to "confirm" that the rest of the hardware specifications leaked last week as 100% true.

Other things discussed? Well, the Xbox Mini/Sting Ray spoken about last week is confirmed as well (I use that term lightly) as well as the Kinect 2.0 (we don't need leaks to know that was coming). The controller is suppose to be very similar to the current Xbox 360 as previously rumored.

The most interesting thing mentioned was that the operating system would be almost identical to windows 8, minus the desktop functions. This "as a side effect also means that contrary to popular belief MS will be the most indie friendly of all the big 3 next gen."

As I said earlier, take them for what they are worth. The only noticeable difference with these leaks in relation to last week's is that the Durango will in fact be backwards compatible with the Xbox 360.

Source - Examiner

2. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Backward compatibly would be awesome! Just can't wait for the reveal

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

3. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console: