Just a question... help please

iijupiter Dec 3, 2013

1. iijupiter

iijupiter Newbie
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I hope it'll get fixed.

OKAY So basically I'm going to be completely honest. I'm cheap. Saving up for college and the upcoming cash guzzling senior year.

so buying games isn't on the top of my to do list..
    Anyways I tried license transferring with someone but it turned out they already used it within days before I asked him. So I simply just went into his recent downloads and downloaded ghosts from there with high hopes that it would do something. Of course it didn't...

I did hear that if I signed into his account. Played the game , sign him out and sign myself in was the way to go with the recent download method . But its too much of a hassle and the person that I borrowed the account from deleted me and changed his password... Okay so now basically I'm stuck with a 7.6 space waster on my Xbox that doesn't launch. I'm hoping there's something I can do with this and I hope someone has an answer for me...

I had the smart idea to go try out Horizon and attempt to try to change the profile ID to mine as well as the console ID, that way I can make it mine and playable. But to no avail. "Horizon was threatened by Microsoft with a law suit so the feature was removed" sigh.. I tried the moving the game to a USB and moving it back to console. Again no luck. Wasted 11$ for nothing basically.

Is there any way to fix this? Its on my Xbox teasing me. And please no smart ass comments..

2. Mirax

Mirax XPG Junkie Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Unfortunately no you may as well just delete the game and save some space. Without the actual license transfer itself the game is useless :(

3. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Haha! They got sued? Funny stuff there!

Anyway, if you did have his account you could do that method unless they patched that which I have no idea if they did...
    Could always stop on eBay for a disk "only" game to play if you can't play COD. That's the cheapest way for a good game. Might come with no case but at least you got something to play, that's what i did with a PS1 game I bought.

4. iijupiter

iijupiter Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ah dammit. Well I'm not surprised.. Microsoft isn't stupid for the most part.

And no they didn't get sued. They were threatened by Microsoft for grand market theft I think it is? Microsoft already hates horizon and modio without having the use of what I want it for.. So if they did support my need I'm sure Hell would rain down on the developers.
    Oh well I can live without CoD. Ghost.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

5. Mirax

Mirax XPG Junkie Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Your most welcome ;)

6. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    welcome the other opiton is to get an flash box den u will be able to play lots of games by back up disk.

7. iijupiter

iijupiter Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Flash box? Do you mean a flash drive or something along the lines?

If so, I have the 250GB Xbox with 190ish GB left... so storage is not the problem haha

8. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    A flashed drive, which would be a good option but it just depends on what drive you have. If you got a Lite-On you have to buy a probe for the key extraction but any others would allow you to just plug it into your computer and flash which is the easy way.

Then you could just download the Xbox ISOs then burn them to a disk and play.

You could always see to borrowing games from a friend or such.