Jtag help please.

gaminninja Aug 23, 2013

1. gaminninja

gaminninja Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello everyone! im here to ask you guys WHAT are the pros and cons about jtagging my xbox 360?
    :p

just write the pros and cons like this so its easy to understand

Pros:
    Blah
    Blah

Cons:
    Blah
    blah
    blooob

:)

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Pros:

Basically everything!

The ability to run unsigned code opens an almost infinite amount of doors

no discs needed, play from internal/external drives

Homebrew dashboards that make gaming convenient and fun, including system link play via Freestyle Dash

Homebrew apps like retro console emulators (NES,SNES,Sega,Etc)

Homebrew, Homebrew, Homebrew!

did I mention no need for discs.... :|

Game mods that cannot be achieved on a retail system using savegame or USB mods.

the look on your friends face when they see what your console does.... (priceless)

the ability to unban your console if you choose to continue using it on XBL.

the list goes on and on, I could write a page if I sat here long enough thinking about it

Ohhh...... NO DISCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons:

If you wish to continue playing your console on XBL you will need to have a "DualNand" setup installed so you can switch from the RGH back to your stock (LIVE safe) setup with the flip of a switch.

Otherwise if you choose to go online with the RGH it will get banned,, you will have to pay server costs to a third party company to connect, and you will have to make friends with a KV (Keyvault) seller so you can unban your box every time it gets banned,, all this at the lowest price i've seen will cost you $10-30 per day or more to keep an RGH on LIVE.

3. covya

covya Banned (Read The Rules) BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I just want to chime in, I might be wrong here, but I believe that if your console is connected to xbox live (hence you have dashboard updates) then it can't be jtagged anymore? I might be completely making that up, but I'm pretty sure RGH'ing is what you'll be looking for now, unless you aren't connected to XBL

but yea, the main pro in my opinion is never needing to pay for anything else again if you're happy being offline, because you can get all the addons and games etc you want for free

4. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    you are exactly right , RGH is what 99.9% of people today will be doing, true Jtaggable dashs ended at 7371 (this update occured April 2009) so the amount of consoles floating around that are still truly "jtaggable" are slim to none, except for the rare few that got set aside for that purpose, or were sitting for years broken and since repaired.

but the RGH has proven to be an excellent modification as long as the installer does a good job, there is no difference in the end result of how the console runs for the operator between Jtag and RGH, just some RGH consoles boot times are slower than the old trusty Jtag ;)