Is it Possible to Extract key from Lite-on....

Badger1975 Nov 30, 2013

1. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok I am in a slight bind here.

First off I want to extract just the key from my lite-on drive but not to flash the drive or anything but just to use it to spoof another drive which is a Samsung 25 flashed already with LT+2.1 but I was told I would have to re-flash it with a spoof from my Lite-on key to the samsung so my system still thinks it has the lite-on but will have the samsung instead.

Now the Lite-on drive shows on Jungle Flasher v. 0.1.96 Beta as the following:

Vendor: PLDS
    Name: DG-16D2S
    F/W Rev: 0251
    Reserved: 0CA0A0D608CG73880800
    DVD Key: Not Found

Using the method in the manual I got for this Jungle Flasher, It told me I would have to create a Dummy file Bin and I followed the instruction in the manual up to the point now where it tells me to eject the drive and then when i push the eject again and it gets halfway back in to pull the power plug which I did.

Now it says to wait a few seconds and then plug the power back into the drive and then reload Jungle flasher and then to click the LO83info button which tells me to power the drive with it halfway out and I did and then it tells me after clicking the button to the program to then pull the drive tray out to full open position which I did and then clicked the program button again and after a couple seconds the Jungle Flasher tells me in the info part on bottom of program that

"LO83info extraction Failed"

I tried to do this multiple times and even the manual way of ejecting the tray out on bottom of the drive by pushing a eject bar until drive released and then to pull it out all the way and then back in halfway and that also failed the test.

I just want to extract this dang key so I can spoof the samsung drive to make it think that the original lite-on is still in the system.

Is there another software that can do this better and easier than this Jungle Flasher soft?

Thanks,
    Badger1975

2. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well I am not going to get anywhere now since I put my system back together and I was getting a red ring of death and couldn't figure out what was causing it so I took the whole system back apart and checked all connections and tried to turn it on again but still red ring of death so I unhooked the sata from the drive and it then turned on but then smoke came out of my dvd drive and so I turned it off real fast and took the drive apart to find out that the chip had a burnt spot on it so the drive is now fried.

Now I have 16 games and no system to play them until I see if another Lite-on drive will work in this system or I ma just have to buy another system altogether since I can't use any other brand dvd drives since they only just show load DVD when I insert any 360 games and then it comes up with an error message that I need a 360 drive to load which it is but not the lite-on one.

Dang, Dang, Dang. Wish I could find another way since I don't have any other Lite-on drives and will have to buy one now.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :dash2: :dash2: :dash2: :cray: :cray: :cray:

3. omegaultimo2

omegaultimo2 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Erm you do know lite on drive's require Probe's to extract keys?

4. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah but I now think I won't be able to even if I get a probe since my Lite-on drive is fried.

I checked the chip board on the drive and a little tiny chip was burnt and keeps smoking when I hook the power cable to the drive and turn it on without the sata hooked and when sata is hooked, the 360 does a red ring of death.

I guess the system is never going to run again unless I can just replace the drive with the same model drive but not sure if that will work either from what I am reading online from other sites.

I went ahead and ordered another Lite-on DG-16D2S from Amazon and maybe I will be lucky to just install and try to load a game. lol

5. stoneraz

stoneraz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I think your still going to need the key mate. So the drive will work in your 360.

P.s is this badger from the original xbox on kai and black arrow? If not wrong person.

6. omegaultimo2

omegaultimo2 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox
    If you fried the original drive now,your best bet is to get it rgh'd or get someone to recover the key.Porbably cost less than buying a new drive to to be honest

7. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have a regular Xbox but Actually don't know what kai and black arrow is.
    I never use my regular xbox or do anything online with it or on it lol.

Sorry

8. stoneraz

stoneraz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Wrong badger then my bad and no worries.

9. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    spoofing a liteon key or a sammie key to one another will not work you will get error e66 when asked for a game update and LO83 tab in jungleflasher is for drives i belive with very old firmware but youve destroyed the drive anyway if you cant do it properly send me the drive when youve got a suitable replacement . or in future ask someone to do it for you mate saves buying all the extra stuff i.e probes etc .

10. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    As stated above, you'll need the console to be RGH'd to obtain the DVD key and then flash back to stock. If you're in the UK, I'll do the retrieval for £10+ shipping.

11. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well I live in Mid California USA.

Wish there was a way to find the key on the drive or through the system real easily but not that easily done like ya mentioned. I did buy another drive same model and all and it will be in within the next 4 or so days.

I really think that Microsoft should of had a way to allow customers to buy they're replacement parts on they're own and have it where they replaced them and then have the system to just do an update to the drive and possible update through Microsoft and then a new drive would just work with no hassles but I guess Microsoft didn't think right and figured that people would just send in the system to them and have it fixed for an extra fee. lol

Well I may just check into RGH'd but I will have to wait until later since I am now broke for the month.

Thanks for everyone's help on this so far. Who knows, maybe I will find another system soon and just use my old system for modding and whatever. lol

Thanks,
    Badger1975

12. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Now wait a sec.

There isn't no possible way at all to get a Drives DVD key from the 360 itself? No way to trick an xbox 360 into showing it or anything?

I would think that someone would of found a way to get a key out of a 360 by now. So much has happened on this system and so many different test and hacks and such that someone would of found or created a simple tool that allows users to draw a dvd key out of the xbox360 so people that lost they're originals from a fried dvd drive could actually draw it out of the system and then be able to add it back into the new drive or be able to somehow get a new drive that is same brand and model to be put back in with no problems.

Darn, I have the same make and model coming in shortly and I wish I could just get the 360 to just allow it to be installed with no hassles. I even tried to find a way to contact Microsoft to see if they could help me any way possible to install a new drive but no way to personally contact a person through they're site to see. lol

13. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    AS STATED ABOVE they have managed a wy to retrive the key its called the rgh hack and there is no possible way to retrive a key from a fried drive as there wont be any power to it .

14. Badger1975

Badger1975 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well I will look for the RGH method and see what is involved unless someone on here has all the info on it and what will be needed and done to do this.

If it is too complicated or hard, I may just wait and see if some friends close by can do it if they know what to do and all.

Thanks everyone that replied for helping me here. I feel lost without my 360 to play.

15. bl

blakeenterprize Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Rgh is for sure a harder procedure then a lite on key extraction. Your also looking at having to buy hardware.

Sounds like you just needed your drive serviced originally. A. 15 min procedure I usually charge 25$ for local customers.

If you just want a working drive to play your retail games especially online I would recommend just getting the EPROM of your DVD drive put onto another drive.

I do wonder why the EPROMs can't just be interfaced and read. Via "Jtag" but referencing the original meaning.

16. Mectrikz

Mectrikz Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Just telling you something: you cannot extract a KV from a un jtagged/rgh console

17. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    .... Considering he wanted to extract his DVD key..I don't know where you're pulling this BS from...

18. Mectrikz

Mectrikz Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Must off read it wrong :/

19. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Must of? No, I think you definitely did lol. People make mistakes though.