How to RGH a Original Xbox With HDMI Port (Falcon)

AoKMikeeeyy Jul 21, 2013

1. AoKMikeeeyy

AoKMikeeeyy Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well I got bored and deiced to do a little tut.

First you will need the following things:

1. Soldering Iron, Solder, and Flux - (40w Soldering Iron - Radioshack, Solder - Radioshack, and Flux - Radioshack

2. NAND-X - (NAND-X - XCONSOLES or a JR-Programmer - (JR-Programmer v2 - XCONSOLES

3. Team Xecuter CoolRunner Rev C - (CoolRunner Rev C - VGCRepairs

NAND-X to CoolRunner cable if you bought the NAND-X (the JR-Programmer already comes with one) - NAND-X to CoolRunner Cable - XCONSOLES

5. For RGH1 (Good boot times) you will need any phat HDMI Xbox on dash 14717 or below, and for RGH2 (bad boot times) you will need any phat HDMI Xbox on dash 14719 or higher.

How to install the NAND-X & JR-Programmer Drivers:

Download the drivers here: NAND-X & JR-Progammer Drivers

How to install the drivers (JR-Programmer drivers install the same way just chose the JR-Programmer ones instead)

How to read the nand:
    1. Install the NAND-X or JR-Programmer wires like so
    http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/TXTuts/nandxphat_zps3b351ea8.jpg
    2. Download J-Runner: J-Runner

3. Once downloaded plug in your NAND-X or JR-Programmer to both the PC and the Xbox

4. Plug in the power cable to the Xbox but DONT turn on the console

5. Then when your NAND-X or JR-Programmer is detected in J-Runner go ahead and click Read NAND and select your console

Flashing the CoolRunner:

1. Make sure the Xboxs power cord is NOT plugged into the console

2. Switch the switch on the CoolRunner to PRG or program

3. Next Plug in the NAND-X to CoolRunner cable into both the NAND-X and the CoolRunner like so:
    http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/TXTuts/301120115705_2_1__zps1428f32e.jpg
    http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/TXTuts/jrpv2_zpsab2a41a7.jpg
    4. Plug your NAND-X or JR-Programmer into your PC

5. In J-Runner select your hack version in the top right (RGH, RGH2) and make sure the bubble is set to glitch then click flash CoolRunner and select your console.

Note: For RGH2 select either A-D or the experimental Falcon

6. Once it flashes unplug the CoolRunner and set the switch to NOR

How to create and write the ECC:

1. Plug your NAND-X wires from your Xbox back into the NAND-X or JR-Programmer

2. Have you Xboxs power supply plugged into the console but dont turn on the Xbox

3. In the top right of J-Runner make sure Glitch is selected

4. If your doing an RGH1 install click create ECC and select your console then click write ECC. If your doing an RGH2 install just click write ECC and select your console.

5. Once done unplug your NAND-X wires

How to Boot into Xell and get your CPU key:

1. With everything plugged into the console press the eject button and you should boot into xell

2. After that wait until Xell finishes loading and find where it says "Your CPU Key"

here is a picture of xell:http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/TXTuts/H-Slim46_zpsb4d6e5b8.png
    3. Now take a picture or write down the CPU key
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Create and Write a glitched image:

1. With the console turned off and the power cable plugged in go ahead and plug in the NAND-X wires into your NAND-X or JR-Programmer

2. Now load your previously dumped NAND into the Source File area in J-Runner

3. After that is done type in your CPU key in the field labeled CPU key in J-Runner

4. Make sure that glitch is selected in the top right of J-Runner

5. Then go to the top right of J-Runner and select your Dash version & your hack version (either RGH1 or RGH2)

6. Then click create image at the top of J-Runner

7. Once done click Write NAND and wait for it to finish

8. Once finished go ahead and unplug all the cables to the NAND-X and the JR-Programmer and power on the console

9. Congratulations if you booted up you now have a working RGHed Xbox 360.

10. Go ahead and de-solder the NAND-X wires from the NAND points on the Xbox 360

2. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    The point in this thread is?

3. AoKMikeeeyy

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    To tell people how to RGH an Falcon is there a problem with the post....

4. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Considering it's not JUST for a Falcon chipset..and there are already numerous tutorials around...even IN the tutorial section.

5. AoKMikeeeyy

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Still doesn't mean I couldn't do a new tut. and this is the Tutorial section. Still don't see why I cant do my own one.

6. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    I don't understand why...there is absolutely no need. The title for one is misleading.

You haven't really updated the users with the latest hardware for RGH2 - CR3 Lite is recommended for RGH2 consoles.

All you stated was "For RGH1 (Good boot times) you will need any phat HDMI Xbox on dash 14717 or below, and for RGH2 (bad boot times) you will need any phat HDMI Xbox on dash 14719 or higher"

That alone is false. RGH2 is all about the signal and getting around the interference. You cannot really say for sure that it is "Bad boot times" as that all determines on the installer's skill and technique.

I have done numerous RGH2 consoles. Falcons are the ******* of RGH2. They used to be the best for RGH1; however with my RGH2 installs. I get usually Instant - 45 second boot times which is not bad at all. To be honest it's probably on par with a Trinity install.

A HDMI console is not a Falcon motherboard, it could be a Zephyr or a Jasper for all you know. It's giving people reading this tutorial false information.

Again, I don't see the need for this to be here when there are OFFICIAL tutorials around that are 100% in depth for performing RGH on consoles.

7. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    There is no need to be rude Renegade, atleast he tried and by doing that he contributed to XPG.

Sent from my LT18i

8. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    I wasn't being rude. I was stating the fact. Me and him have discussed this already and he is going to update this.

My views on this thread = People buying wrong hardware and wasting money.

9. AoKMikeeeyy

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's Okay He wasn't being rude. He was just stating that I needed to update it.