Bullet Oct 16, 2010

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

You will need to do the following....

UK Xbox Support – Telephone: 0800 587 1102

* Press 1 – Xbox 360 support menu
    * Then press 1 – For Xbox Live including billing enquires menu
    * Then press 2 – For the cancel or enquire about your account menu
    * Finally press 1 – To speak to someone about cancelling your Xbox Live subscription

After I’d said I wanted to remove my credit card details from my Xbox Live account, I was asked for the following information:

* Name
    * Credit/Debit card number
    * Address
    * Home phone number
    * Xbox Live username
    * Mobile phone number

I was then given a call reference (no surprises there) and told that my request would be escalated to a special team. A member of this team would contact me (via my mobile number) within 48 hours.

The result of all this. It will take 30 days to remove my credit card details from my Xbox Live account. Yes, 30 days (I asked the help desk person to confirm this, just in case I miss heard, which they did). I find this totally unacceptable. The actual (and time-consuming) process of removing/cancelling your card details was completely glossed over in all the communications I received from Microsoft. I won’t hold my breath for the ability to cancel any subscription via the Xbox 360 dashboard. Somehow I don’t think it’s on Microsoft’s feature list (i.e it won’t make them any money). However, until they add this functionality I will not add my credit card details to my live account again.

2. Sp

Spuzle Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Login to your account at xbox.com and go to marketplace, payment options and delete your credit card from there