How to Mod Items in Your Inventory

TRUExSKILLxKILL Mar 31, 2013

1. TRUExSKILLxKILL

TRUExSKILLxKILL I
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    First of all, you need to have the tools and save.
    360Revolution
    Any hex editor you want
    Savegame.dat decompressor and compressor
    Command Prompt
    The world you want to mod
    Device configured to the 360
    Here are the files that are needed
    How To decompress the Savegame.dat
    Move your world to a device that you can transfer the world
    Connect the device to the computer
    Now create a folder on your desktop named World Backup, and put your world in it
    Now create another folder called, well call it whatever you want, then put another copy of your world in it
    Now open up Command Prompt
    Download the Minecraft Decompressor, I included a hex editor with it
    Put your extracted non backup world in 360Revolution and go to contents
    Extract the Savegame.dat to the non backup folder
    Open Command Prompt
    Then drag the minecraft.exe into the Command Prompt. Add a space, then type -d. Then add a space after that Then drag your Savegame.dat into the Command Prompt. Add another space after that. Then drag your Savegame.dat into it again, but this time rename it to decompressed.dat.
    It should look like this, but the folder names might be different

C:\Users\Trent>"C:\Users\Trent\Desktop\Minecraft Decompressor\minecraft.exe" -d "C:\Users\Trent\Desktop\Minecraft Decompressor\savegame.dat" "C:\Users\Trent\Desktop\Minecraft Decompressor\decompressed.dat"

Close Close the Command Prompt
    Open the decompressed.dat in any hex editor.

Now onto showing what you can do.

List of what you can do
    • What the item is
    • Count
    • Damage
    • Slot
    • Enchantments

When you load the decompressed.dat file in your editor use Ctrl + F to find foodLevel
    It should look like this
    [​IMG]
    Now that you're there you can change the stuff to what you want.
    Here is a hex calculator made by [member=begallegal1] to find out what four numbers you want to use for count, the max it can go to is 255.
    To change what the item is, you have to change the first four numbers after id into the object you want, which would look like this
    [​IMG]
    Say you want to change it to an End Portal Block, you would change the 01 10 to 00 77. For item IDs, refer to this link, I don't think it's allowed, if it's not, then a moderator can remove it.

Now onto count. For count, it will be the first two numbers after the word Count, it will look like this.
    [​IMG]
    Say you want to change its amount from 64 to 255, You would have to change the 40 to FF.

Now onto damage. It's a bit tricky, but it holds the data for blocks, like the color of wool. Unless it's an item like an axe, then it would be the usage that it has left. I don't know how to show how to edit it, well I know how to for blocks, but I don't have wool on me to show how to do it.

Now onto slot. Slot is where it's located in your inventory. I don't know what happens when you change it to an amount that doesn't exist in the inventory, so I wouldn't mess with it unless you're testing what it does.

For enchantments, refer to these topics.
    [topic=64954] Changing Enchantments[/topic] [topic=63169] Enchantment Level[/topic]
    When you're done, save the file and quit HxD.

Now onto compressing and replacing your Savegame.dat

Open Command Prompt
    Pretty much do what you did for decompression, but replace the d with a c, and switch the two file locations.
    Here is what it should look like again

C:\Users\Trent>"C:\Users\Trent\Desktop\Minecraft Decompressor\minecraft.exe" -c "C:\Users\Trent\Desktop\Minecraft Decompressor\decompressed.dat" "C:\Users\Trent\Desktop\Minecraft Decompressor\savegame.dat"

Open your world in 360Revolution and go to contents
    Replace the original "savegame.dat" with the modded one
    Rehash and Resign your world
    Open USB Explorer and replace your original world with the modded one

2. MrFlex25

MrFlex25 Sneaky Taco
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Nice, Really Well Done Tutorial! Imma Be Using This! ;)

3. he

hews Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Like...it only edits within the game right? No items that are not in the game? Is this correct?

I was wondering if editing items into survival that are only in survival was the safe way to go, or would your game become corrupt if you did use items that are creative only.

I want stuff like ferns and bed rock and such....Any information you could give me would be great. I'm realy bad at this kinda stuff.

And I'm pretty sure the MC inventory editor is broke or something....so yeah...I'm half way wanting to ask someone to do this for me because ...I mean your tutorial was great. It just makes me feel dumb though.

Haha.I'm like a monkey making a bomb... and I'm scared of messing up/not knowning what im doing...

Thanks for your time

4. TRUExSKILLxKILL

TRUExSKILLxKILL I
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    You can put in whatever items you want, unless it's not in the game then it will freeze or corrupt. Also yes, the inventory editor is pretty much broken.

5. Al

Alucard2 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thanks for this topic man im having fun doing this i also with exploring i can change any enchentment to anything a want like unbreaking on the bow :D