How to mod Diablo 3?

Megidolaon Nov 4, 2013

1. Me

Megidolaon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a way to mod Diablo saves.
    I've put over 100 hours into this game and got 2 characters to Inferno but sadly now I'm getting bored.
    To have some more fun I wanna do some modding but it's hard to tell what is feasible and what not.
    There are so very many sites about it but after several hours of googling I haven't found what I'm looking for.

What I want is either an item/inventory editor or a way to boost my character's +magic item find percentage permanently to absurd amounts (far past the game of limit of ~680% iirc).

Alternatively a good tutorial for hex editing to achieve the same would also be appreciated.

The only things I found were yet more pre-modded saves (not very helpful, been there, done that and their usefulness is very limited) and an inventory editor by someone that tries to scam you for money before you can use it.

Thanks!

2. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    there are plenty of tutorials bro viperx420's is a really good one to look up even tho he's ps3 still same concept i have a one for 360 but his is more detailed mine is step by step how I mod items

3. Me

Megidolaon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Much obliged!I
    I'll check out the tutorials get to modding!

4. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    sweet happy modding

5. Me

Megidolaon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    NOTHING WORKS!!!

I just spent 5 hours trying out viper's method but nothing works.

First of all Brute Force does not recognize 360 saves and there is no 360 version.

So I extracted hero files with Horizon (.dat files), then tried to edit with HxD before and after decrypting with D3Decrypter (has a virus, too: TR/Symmi.1914.1).

I tried searching for the hex values of abilities on the item I was gonna edit but I cannot find them.

So the values are all wrong.

Isn't there an XBox 360 tutorial that does NOT include lots of guesswork cause the shown method is unavailable for me?

6. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    no bro thats all you need is horizon to extract your save decrypt/encrypt do obviously to decrypt when you mod a item then encrypt after you save out of HXD then replace your save with the encrypted one that you modded in horizon. same concept as vipers except 360 is horizon and ps3 is bruteforce trial and error my friend

7. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    and make sure when you search for the hex values you push control F to bring the search box up and select hex values in the option part of the search and make sure the items that you modding are in your inventory not your stash and dont have them equiped so they are easier to find they would be closer to the bottom of the hex

8. xs

xspm45 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    hey if I mod diablo 3 for xbox, can I get banned? I'm planning on playing on live

9. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    dose has a forum with a bunch of hex codes its easier to copy and past all the steps and codes from vipers and doses thread into a notepad makes it easier on you and makes the process quicker

10. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i do it i haven't but i don't usually join peoples games unless they are my friends but to answer your question it is possible just be smart with your modding do it for yourself and others

11. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    and others if THEY WANT IT if you mod and joing other peoples games and piss them off then you chances double but ive been doing it since bl2

12. Me

Megidolaon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    O god, this forum is so full of bugs. I posted like 5 times, nothing stuck.
    Anyway, what you mentioned is exactly what I did.
    1 item in the character's inventory, not equipped.

Extracted with Horizon, decrypted with D3Decrypt. It was Cain's Scribe (glove) and not on any of the item lists so when I opened the file in HxD I tried to find the right part by searching for the effects I knew are on the item.
    Yet I didn't find them, so I don't even know where I need to change any values.
    Cause changing random values has a habit of corrupting files.

13. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    step one : 30 09 38 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF 7F
    step two : 30 09 38 FF 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF FF 7F
    and step three is where you add a id example
    1D 73 23 06 50 30 09 38 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF 7F = 3 sockets

make sure you PAST WRITE NOT INSERT- click just before the 30 09 or 0D then past write
    so find the item by ctrl f make sure you are in hex values find it look for the 30 09 or 30 0D most of the time its gonna be the 30 09 but any ways after each step you have to save out HXD encrypt the file replace the modded file with the one you extracted save, rehash, resigh load the game up repair the item start back over to step 2 then when u get to step three add what you want after u add the id u want same thing repair the item then start back at step one

14. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i will try to reword that a little
    now this is what i do

now i do like 3 items at once i will write the items im modding at the time in a notebook with all that states it currently has and underneath that item i will write what i want to add to make it quicker for me

step one- i pick what character on my main save i want to mod with all the items in his or her inventory that i want to mod
    step 2- i make a dummy character on my usb
    step 3- i move my main save to my usb
    step 4- i load my saves in horizon find the character on the save and extract name it like dummy character or something like that
    step 5- i put my main save back onto my harddrive
    step 6- i load my dummy character back to horizon replace that dummy character with the character i want to mod so the one i extracted from my main save
    step 7- i decrypt it
    step 8- i load it up in HXD
    step 9- hit control F make sure im in hex values and find the item id for what im modding ( now me since i do 3 items at once to make it faster for me i will find what order the items are in so i can copy past what need in order to make it quicker)
    step 10- copy step one : 30 09 38 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF 7F
    step 11- find item number one and look for the 30 09 or 30 0D underneath it once i did that then i would click just before the 30 09 or 30 0D and right click and click past WRITE (the code should turn red)
    step 12-save - encrypt the save - load up horizon click you dummy character the replace it with the save you modded - sav,rehash,reshigh
    step 13- load you character up in you game repair it - save out and repeat ( now you would copy and past write step 2 : 30 09 38 FF 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF FF 7F)
    ( and when you get to step three you can add i ID's which dose has a thread on - after you added ur ID and repaired your item start back at step one) - rinse and repeat till you get what you want hope this helped happy modding and good luck ;)

15. Me

Megidolaon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hmm. Still not working.

Can you tell me what I did wrong?

1) moved saved from 360 to pc, copied, made backups, moved the original save back to 360

2) used horizon to extract the heroes

3) used D3Decrypter to decrypt a hero file.

4) opened the file in HxD

5) the hero has Chantodo's Force in his inventory, unequipped and nothing else

6) I got the item id from d3db.com, converted to hex and searched for it. Nothing. Legacy version won't work either, this is the 5th item I cannot find by id, I don't think the ids on d3db.com are the same as on console

7) I searched for the 30 09 38 9C 03 40 00 50 12 60 9C 03 from viper's adding extra slot topic. this time I did find it and replaced it with 30 09 38 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF 7F (paste write).

8) a little before was a 15 and I replaced the 4 bytes before with the id of Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare (from d3db.com and converted to hex), also paste write

9) used Horizon to inject the modded hero back into my save, saved, rehashed & resigned and then copied to my usb

10) when I tried to load the save the game tells me it's corrupted and the hero I modded is gone

16. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox

17. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    see i think that d3db.com stuff is crap doesnt wrk form me i just get all the codes from viperx420's or doses forum

18. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    4A BC 15 56 -- Chantodos Force orb

19. Me

Megidolaon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    THANKS!

Finally I got it.
    Made me a puzzle ring with 291% magic find for testing.
    Gonna bump that up to 650% now.

Btw, looking through viper's topics I found a whole number of legendary item IDs, but still no Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare (orb), any clue what the ID of it is or where else I can find item or other hex values?

20. formerheadshot

formerheadshot Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    its pointless making you magic or gold find over 500% because its caps off at like 520% around there same with movement speed that caps at like 25 just letting you know so you dont waste your time