Tags:

How To Fix A Bricked PS4

Bullet Nov 14, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

A report has emerged of someone's PS4 essentially being bricked. The PS4 wouldn't turn on at all, if this were to happen to you we can tell you how to fix it:

If you find that you're PS4 has bricked follow these steps to fix it. If one step doesn't work systematically move onto the next until you resolve the issue:

Step 1 - Check You HDMI connection. There have already been reports of PS4 having faulty HDMI ports resulting in no signal being transmitted and therefore looking as if the console is bricked.

Step 2 - Remove the HDD and boot the PS4 in safe mode. You boot up the PS4 in safe mode by holding the power button for at least seven seconds until you hear a beep.

Step 2a - You will know you are in safe mode because of the white lightbar on the controller.

Step 2b - You will be prompted for a HDD. Turn off the PS4 , insert your HDD and boot again. The PS4 will still be in safe mode at this point until it recovers the operating system.

Step 3 - Format your HDD and reinstall firmware.

Step 4 - If all of the above fails you need to call Sony!

Direct link to PS4Update.Pup

This post has been promoted to an article

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Well that didn't take long to break did it :LOL:

3. orion0912

orion0912 Xpg Official Cripple
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    so much for the ps4 being the superior console according to the playstation fans boys :lol:

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

I've been an Xbox fan for years, and i would have to say that Sony is pulling out all the stops and catering to gamers by creating a gaming machine for gamers. Im more impressed by the PS4 so far from what i've seen than the Xbox One.

The fact that MS wants to sell the Xbox portion of their company raises flags also.

5. villan4eva

villan4eva Ultimate Ninja!
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    I'll always hold the first 2 playstations in higher regard than all the newer consoles BUT I'm an xbox-er so this is more humorous after seeing all the arguments that actually had no structure to them, this is gold

6. Bu

Bullet Guest

In fairness all consoles have issues on launch, its nothing new , not by a long shot and anyone that has ealry adopted some of the earlier consoles will be well aware of this fact. Before this turns into a PS4 VS Xbox One point scoring contest, just keep in mind the Xbox one has released yet!

7. Coder123

Coder123 Finnish Modder XPG Developer TeamXPG
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    How can you be more impressed by PS4 all ive seen is improved graphics and a little bit improved UI while Xbox One brings shits loads of new stuff

- Skype chat
    - Improved Kinect
    - Improved controller
    - Improved match making
    - It detects who is holding the controller
    - Voice commands
    - Developers can update achievements for games
    - One gold account will give gold to every account on that xbox
    - Play games while installing content
    - Build-in video editor for DVR clips
    - No region locks
    - Extremely quiet while running
    - Watch TV
    - Livestreaming as you play
    - Snap mode

+ ALOT more

8. Bu

Bullet Guest

Well coder since most of those amazing new features i wouldn't actually use, they don't really matter to me.
    Since i want a console that is devoted to gaming without Skype, or TV those features don't appeal.

A few of the key features you noted there for the Xbox One are also true of the PS4 too , so i guess at the end of the day it is what appeals to your needs, tastes.

9. KillerVidz

KillerVidz Rocky BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Nice Post ;) But for step 4 I wouldn't do :p Id do this haha. I'm going Xbox all the way i personally don't like the PS Consoles except PS2

Step 4- Move to Xbox One

10. Ravanofdarkness

Ravanofdarkness XBL Points dealer
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    @Coder123 The PlayStation 4 has almost all those Features too and Microsoft did say they wanna make Skype available on the PlayStation 4 soon seeing as alot of People are enjoying it on the PSVita.

I've bought the Original Xbox and Xbox360 at Launch and loved both of them though i gotta say the PlayStation 2 was better then the Original Xbox because it had alot more Games but the Xbox360 in the other Hand was alot better then the PlayStation 3 if you ask me and i'm really getting the Feeling that the PlayStation 4 might bring back the Era of the PlayStation 2 or atleast i hope it will. Will pick up an Xbox One once they decide to make it cheaper by either dropping the Price or releasing a Kinect Free Version because i really can't bother playing Video Games with any Gimmicks, i just wanna relax on my couche after work and Play Games with a normal Controller nothing else so the Kinect and PS4 Camera aren't for me.

11. le

lestasmsc Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I thought I had misread thread title but it seems PS4 already fallen foul to breaks... unfortunate with mass production but I would have expected extra care particularly with first batches.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

12. Bu

Bullet Guest

That's pretty much my stance on the whole XBOX vs PS4 debate too. I just want a games console to play games, im not interested in the gimmicks either. I never use the Kinect i purchased for my Xbox, I certainly wouldn't want Skype on my console that's for sure.
    I personally feel that if less time was spent trying to turn Games consoles into multi purpose entertainment systems we would have a much better , smoother experience.

13. Ravanofdarkness

Ravanofdarkness XBL Points dealer
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Microsoft should of just done what they did with the Xbox360, release a Gaming Console first and then later down the road add TV stuff etc... as an after thought instead of one of the main Focus.

14. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Smash it up with a baseball bat like in the video that's how to fix it ;)