How Do You Enable DebugKeyboard In Red Dead Redemption XEX?

savstar Jun 16, 2013

1. sa

savstar Newbie BANNED
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi eveyone,

I've just recently RGH'd 2 of my consoles and have been having some fun trying trainers out and various mods etc, which has opened up a whole new world of modding possibilities for me.

I would just like to thank everyone here at XPG who contributes to the community with their excellent trainers, so keep up the good work everyone ;)

I've been playing around with the RDR RPF tool released by Twisted at se7ensins.

Have found that there is a file named input_DebugKeyboard.xml within the first RPF file from the RDR iso.

Apparently someone posted at se7ensins, that they managed to get the DebugKeyboard working, however did not advise or explain how this was done.

I was just wondering, with all the best guys, (IMO) who are clever at modding here on XPG, could figure it out?

I've decompiled the default.xex and managed to find the entry in HXD, but don't have a clue on how to enable it?

I've also opened it up in IDA Pro v6, and can find the .string for it and there is 3 instances of Bytes underneath it which all have a 0, for example Byte 0

I did not have a clue if changing one of these to 1 instead of 0, would enable it or not?

Also there's a bunch of commands you can use, which look like fun. Such as GodMode, Infinite Deadeye, Stamina etc, you can even change the weather or time of day, Weapons etc.

Can anyone who has experience of enabling Debug menu, or Debug keyboards in Xbox 360 games, please provide your input on this topic, as I would truly appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

Kind regards

Savstar ;)

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm pretty sure the Keyboard functions shown in any files inside of a 360 game pertain to the PC version it was ported from, sometimes left in when packaging for 360,, and will not have any use in the 360 version, in general debug functions / developer menu's are locked or removed from most games for the retail build, and if they are left in the game it's just pure lazyness on the devs part. Most that can be made to function have been found, and I would doubt you will ever see such a thing left in a rockstar game their devs are better than that :lol:

3. sa

savstar Newbie BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the info and quick response buddy,

However there are people claiming to have enabled the debug keyboard in RDR on another forum, I don't know the credibility of their claims is true?, as they have not provided a tutorial or any advice on how to do so.

I've been tutoring myself, on how to build trainers for xbox 360 games for jtag/rgh for the past few days, and also using Artmoney, Peek and poker etc to try and edit values in realtime.

I've tried doing this in RDR, by creating a few memory dumps with full health, then creating around 5-6 dumps with low health, when getting shot at.

However I can't seem to find the right values, I've tried searching for just floats, and then just 4 bytes. I managed to get plenty of results using both floats and then just using 4 bytes to search through the dumps with.

And managed to filter the results down by comparing the full health dumps to the health lost dumps, however neither of the offsets I have tried to peek and poke, will give me god mode lol.

Can this be done, within a rockstar game? or am I way over my head with this? lol

I know it can be achieved with black ops 2 and other cod games, i'm just wondering if there is a limitation to achieving this on certain games? Or depending what game engine the game runs on for instance.

Regards
    Savstar ;)