How do xbls and people like them create these methods of getting online

dnq6 Sep 28, 2013

1. dnq6

dnq6 Daniel
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey, so im fortunate enough to have an uncle who is deep in the coding world, he made millions by coding for ozemail, in fact he was the person who brought ozemail to australia which is one of the first email/telecommunications company in Australia which was sold to iinet.

He has given me the opportunity of him teaching me how to code in many languages and has even offered to get me a professional tutor to help me learn even more. i know i wont succeed at a rapid pace but i still want to have a goal. i love Xbox modding and am flabbergasted at how these people make these methods to get online.

i was wondering if anyone new more than just the basics, i know there are challengers which are sent to the hyper visors by Xbox live and it answers the challenges , but i don't know much from there, any information would be much appreciated.

your friend,
    XPGinfinity

2. ScouseCarl

ScouseCarl Dream/Believe/Achieve.
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    As far I know they build/own a server which allows you're console to be hidden online making it look like a retail, to which they rent out to cover the costs of running it.
    I have no idea on how it is built or anything just posting what I know/heard of.

3. dnq6

dnq6 Daniel
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    yeah they make it work by having a working hyper visor I believe on the server so when Microsoft goes to send challenges to your Xbox it get-shirts redirected to the server so the server can answer the challenges and because it has a working hv it works! butility does anyone know how to extract a hyper visor?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. chancc

chancc Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I HAVE THE HV FILES :gamer4: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent: :vinsent:

5. BigDdog

BigDdog Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have everything except a clean HV, I'm stuck as well lol. But This is manly a small project for me. I only want it for myself. but I'm don't think I have enough knowledge to really use the files. Pm me and I'll send them to you. see if you can do something.

6. Timmeh

Timmeh Trve Kvlt
    25/47

Drummer
    Console:
    Xbox
    Servers are not required to go online. XBLSE & XBLS use servers so they can manage who they want online(people who pay) and people who they don't want online(people who don't pay)

As for coding aspect you would need a lot of c++ & ppc knowledge to create your own online files

7. Homura

Homura Creator of Avalon XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    85/94

Console:
    Xbox
    I have XBLS old source and it fully debugs. Your right about it needing C++ skill but if you actually saw the code you would laugh as it isn't hard to understand what the code does. The only real difficult part is doing the actual reverse engineering. I have looked into a few of the older dashes and the newest and saw the differences and it is very minor changes but even if I say that it still takes a bit of time to reverse engineer them. You are also right about not needing a server for it to work as you honestly don't need a server, it is just useful if you want others to have access without having to give them source codes or the offline .xex file.

XBLSE is just an updated version of XBLS and both require/depend on the SDK to function, without the SDK they wouldn't be able to do **** so really 95% of the work is already done for you by MS and the rest is mainly just reverse engineering the dash updates which I said earlier are just minor changes.

8. TrixzModding

TrixzModding Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Can't you just use the source from XeLive and if you have a clean hv and use the other updated files and use the source from xelive to run them?

9. dnq6

dnq6 Daniel
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeh, I had the idea of just dumping the memory from the console once you get online with xblse but i havent tried it.

10. TG

TGK Guest

Sub_2210 in a 16547 hypervisor is a function that creates a hash at 0x100f0. On a JTAG console, the hash that it generates is not retail (correct), so MS knows it's a hacked console. Your job is to reverse what the function does and make it generate a correct (retail) hash.

11. AgModding

AgModding Newbie
    0/47

One day this will be done :) I'm just waiting for it

12. dnq6

dnq6 Daniel
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the info ;) I posted this a while back when i was a n00b :p found out a lot of stuff about this since then! haha suprised this isnt in the archives yet :p

13. Coder123

Coder123 Finnish Modder XPG Developer TeamXPG
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    So what more have you figured out lol

You would need C++ for coding the .xex file, PPC for reversing and understanding functions and some coding skills related to making websites for the server part.

14. TG

TGK Guest

If any of you ever need help with the subject, just add me on Skype. (or AIM, but I'm not online a lot)

I will give you a push into the right direction.

15. Yo

YoBroskiXD Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Currently all the servers are down, not only because they have to update their servers, but also because there's no XeBuild for the new Dash out yet.

If you want to create your own server, you'll need knowledge of ppc, PHP, C++ and sometimes even SQL.

You will need to have a clean HV, server for managing, PHP backend, good challenge responses and you need to know what you're doing.

16. To

TownYaDig Newbie
    0/47

cpu key verification so it reads something like:

If cpu.text.contains(cpukey) then
    'allow online

^just a c# version

as of getting online, its a vps with files on it. of course with the HV functions

17. TG

TGK Guest

Actually, if all you want to do is get online, you just need to know PPC and C++. A server isn't necessary whatsoever unless you want to sell. Local files are usually better anyways because you won't have to wait for a response from the server.

18. XeXShockwave

XeXShockwave Newbie
    0/47

God know but i thank them so much for doing it for us to get online
    wish there was a free one