How do I use my Store Bought SATA on my 360

Abrakadeadguy Sep 9, 2013

1. Abrakadeadguy

Abrakadeadguy Newbie
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have a 250GB SATA hard drive and 2 questions.

1. Is it still safe to use these? I know there is a stealth bin file that m$ CAN scan, but from what I understand, they have let it go for a while.

2. Can someone point me to a TUT on how to properly format it and where I can find the tools.

I have a laptop and no USB to SATA cable. I understand I will probably have to get one.

2. xxxAcid

xxxAcid R* Chick
    35/47

P.A
    Console:
    Xbox One
    for retail im pretty sure you need to be using HDDHACKR 1.40 to flash the correct xbox 360 hdd security sector onto the new hard drive and the new hard drive must be from the "western digital scorpio" series and im not to sure if you will be able to do this with a laptop and if it is possible it will depend on wheather hddhackr can recognise the USB to SATA cable or your laptops sata chipset if it can be done with the laptops main SATA port

Hope this helps set you on your way

3. TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce CanEH!dian
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    are you trying to put it in a slim or use it as a external? its gotta be a 2.5" HDD for the slim if u wanna use it internally and as far as i know you just gotta put it in the case for the slim and the console should format it itself like it does with usb sticks