How do I make this work? PC Gibbed, or alternative?

beepbooptoostronk Jan 14, 2013

1. be

beepbooptoostronk Newbie
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm trying modify my skill points by adding more to my saves via Gibbed. It isn't working. I see the general skill points in the Raw tab and the General tab but when I change them and I load the game I never start with any more.

The other big thing is I would like to modify my backpack space as currently I have more weapons I can fit in my inventory. I had tried simply setting my black market upgrades to 0 and buying them again, but it reverted my inventory to base everytime i changed it to 0. :(

This is on PC btw... so if there is an easier alternative then that works too...

I would also like to know how to change my golden keys and it would be cool to change my badass rank as well.

Thanks! :)

2. be

beepbooptoostronk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Bump

3. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    PC CHEAT:---

(PC/Mac ONLY)profile.bin Unlimited Golden Key exploit

On October, 1st, 2012 a new exploit was found for PC that lets the player use his gold keys an infinite times. You do this by right clicking on the profile.bin file located at Documents\My Games\borderlands 2\willowgame\savedata\(some number) and clicking on "Properties" and setting it to "Read Only".
    For Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Borderlands 2/willowgame/savedata/(some number) and click "Get Info" and change to "Read Only"
    Then launch the game and use the Golden Keys, quit the game and uncheck the "Read Only" box (This is important, remember to uncheck it after you are done). Then go back to the game and you should still have all your keys and the items. This is because the game saves your golden key info in the profile.bin file and when you set it to read only, it cannot save that you used your keys. For this to work, you need to completely exit out of the game, not just 'log out' from the character. Please note that if you receive keys while profile.bin is in the "read-only" state that keys will NOT be recorded, but the SHIFT profile will register that you have used the code.
    • Set profile.bin to Read Only. Click Apply.
    • Enter game, use your keys. Completely exit game when done.
    • Re-enter and use keys as many times as you want, completely exiting the game after each time.
    • When completely finished, make sure to exit, then uncheck the Read Only box and hit Apply.
    • You don't have to uncheck the Read Only box after each individual expendature of keys, only when you are completely done and wish to play the game.

IMPORTANT: character swapping and the character STASH are tied to this file as well.
    • Major issue: When profile.bin is locked, if you quit to desktop after manipulating the stash, it will revert to it's original content, deleting whatever you placed in it and duplicating anything you've already removed.
    • Major issue: All head and skin unlocks applied while profile.bin is locked, will be lost when quitting to desktop.
    • Minor issue: If you swap characters while the file is locked the game will switch back to your original character when you restart it.

If it is not working for you then you are not doing it right. Try reading the instructions again.
    • Confirmed Working January 14, 2013 (Post 1.3.1 update)
    Sorce:-- orcz.com

4. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Some golden keys code ........... C3W3B-6B95C-SWFJJ-B3BJJ-5C6XJ..........

and link to my topic as i update it when i got time and codes.. http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/54996-free-golden-key-4-borderlands-2/#.UPdPGfKclB0