[Help] LiNK and Network

DGPMaluco Apr 21, 2013

1. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey guys, first of all as I said on my presentation:

Well right now I have a XBOX360, since I wasn't inside the XBOX scene I took it to someone so they would "unlock" it. So guess I've got A RGH and Freestyle 3 latest version from 5th March. But somehow I can't get system LiNK working it's always grayed out

Basically thats my problem? But I found some things out as well..

I don't have the NETWORK tab.. IDK why I just don't have it! I saw a lot of video tutorials and everyone had it...

So I updated to the latest tile on minecraft, and when I try to go to System Link it's always grayed out? Idk why this happens as well... On Tomb Raider the same happens, and on Red Dead Redemption I can actually go to System Link and see people online but it says TU #8 is available and I have #0, so I tried to update it but no TU's show up?

I think maybe something really big is missing out here or I'm doing something really wrong (Noob style)

PS: FSD latest version.

Thanks in advance guys!

UPDATE: I pressed inside minecraft Title Update Manager RB and now in Red Dead Redemption version 7 4 3 1 show up... But no the 8th? Guess the problem might be that I'm really noob at this, but why is sistem link grayed out on tomb raider and minecraft but not on red dead redemption?

UPDATE 2: Now on Red Dead Redemption all TU's appear, and 2 8# appear? I highlited the first 8 only (Is that the correct way to set them as active? When the X logo appears glowing?) and I get in game, press home button, and go to system link.. And it still says I have TU #0 and #8 is available

2. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Anyone please?

3. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey DGPMaluco, it has to be setup first. best thing i would suggest is the following:-

1. load default skin (sometimes unable to see the plugin settings from none default)
    2. Register with JQE360
    3. Login to JQE360 on xbox (Settings)
    4. Opening ports on your router (3071 and 3072) make sure you assign your xbox IP on the port forwarding
    5. Enable plugin (Settings - Plugin Settings -F3Plugin) tick all boxes and test, Hopefully it should pass and work.
    6. Load a game like Black ops 2 and then pres xbox button -system link- join lobby and play.

i have sent you a PM with tutorial link.

Thanks Dizzle :eek:hh:

4. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks, I only have 1 skin, its already the default, I only changed the background pic, customized it.

I have already registered, logged in, and opened ports, everything passes except for UPNP Status but I think it should work anyway..

Now the problem is! I downloaded TU's from Red Dead Redemption for example, and applied the laters #8 (X green logo glowing) still I enter LINK and it says I have update #0 and #8 is available... What am I doing wrong?

Another thing, I don't have the network tab like I see in some videos, is it important?

Are there some games that aren't playable online? Like I'm trying to play Tomb Raider or Dead or ALive and LINK is grayed out?

Thanks i'm gonna check the video just to be sure

EDIT: I did the same for Left 4 Dead 2, I pressed Y and updated game titles, marked as active the update #6 and then tried to play online and it said the same as the other one... It said update #6 is available and I had #0... Am I missing something? I download the titles and mark them as active...

5. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    if your router has any settings for UPNP or DMZ then i would recommend turning on, when you run the test does it pass on all checks?
    you can only play games that are system link compatible (left4Dead 1&2, Call of Dutys, Gears of War and Halo) are the main games that people seem to be playing.

Also i have had the same issue with TU saying about needing the latest one but i think its just a bug because it still lets me on.
    I think it would be best if you made sure it passes all the tests, then see what happens.

PS are you looking in system link to find games not xbox live (im sure you are)

Hope that helps a bit. Dizzle :eek:hh:

6. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ~What does the UPLOAD TUS function do?

Well here are the settings, UPNP is enabled still it says it isn't on the XBOX but the ports and everything else passes the test so I think I'm fine, and I can see players on link.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those are my router settings, and in this video I posted what I exactly do. Can you check it out and tell me if I am making something wrong? I think a video is better than words ;)

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7824/uozgkbdxqynsasydcmvwut.mp4

I converted it to some lower resolution (it had 135MB)

7. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Your router settings look ok, and with you able to see people then i would say its working. i did notice something last night for me with the TUs! everytime i loaded Tu1 it kept saying i had TU2 installed, i think there might be a problem with Link at the minuet?

it seems to work fine on Gears of war and black ops 2 - Can you play people on black ops 2?
    i was unable to open video unfortunately. Dizzle :eek:hh:

8. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    right click and download It's please... I need to know if I'm doing something wrong

thank you very much :D

9. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i have downloaded it and tried to play the file on a few different software, but unable to load !
    Cheers Diz :eek:hh:

10. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
  11. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for video, you have set Link up correctly, i will try mine on left 4 dead and see what happens! however..... i had the same problem when trying to play Halo Anniversary! i would suggest deleting all TU, restart your console and download TU's again to see if it works. do you have the 4GB Slim Xbox? (If so then you will need to empty TU's from cache folder

i will go and try mine now and let you know. Diz :eek:hh:

12. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    just tried my Left 4 Dead 2 game and the TU's are fine but i was unable to see or join anyone! because Link is still a beta it seems only certain games work fully, if you have black ops 2 i would try that, just to see if you can join them.

hopefully some else will post with a fix. Dizzle :eek:hh:

13. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Also, i am sure they have to be inside a lobby and not game room, let me know if you get TU6 working and i will create a game for you to join. Dizzle :eek:hh:

14. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well I deleted the cache and content from the internal memory and went to link on Left 4 Dead 2 and it says that it's on TU #6 now so thats great, still I can't download any TU's to the external memory only to the internal, wich isn't so great (4GB only, 2.5 free) but ill test other TU's, like for COD Black Ops II to se if it works...

15. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Excellent :big_boss: might be worth fitting internal HDD at some point, let me know how blk ops goes. Cheers Diz :eek:hh:

16. DG

DGPMaluco Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I still didn't got time to test CoD BO2 but as soon as I can I will update you on it! Thank you very much :)

17. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok mate, will look out for your post. Happy to help

Cheers Dizzle :eek:hh: +Rep