Tags:

Heartbroken Microsoft Employee Reveals That Family Sharing Was Rubbish

Bullet Jun 21, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

There we go, this long 'pastebin' produced by an anonymous Microsoft employee over the fact he was heartbroken that all the work his dept. had put into their DRM lockdowns, spills out the horrible truth, that the feature 'Family Sharing' which is now gone, was really more like an 1 hour extended demo, with an option to buy digitally afterwards.
    Some other points come up in this long heartbroken letter, like the fact 'publishers' did not push for this 'lockdown on used games', it was Microsoft own idea based on their research that it was an growing problem, and also it seems Microsoft has plans for their own 'social network' on Xbox ONE, outside of the normal 'Facebook' and 'Twitter' usage, an complete internal fluid-flowing social system.

Source: Maxconsole

2. Sh

Sharp_Shot123 Epic XPG Gamer Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Totally agree with this employee.

I didn't care for the XBONE when it had DRM policies, And I still don't even after the change.

BUT the fact that they we're trying to do something new was a bit interesting, The things they could have done for devoted XBONE player base could have been something great but they scrapped it to give the gamers what they wanted, THE SAME SYSTEM WITH A BIT BETTER GRAPHICS. I for one never said they should change the DRM policies because I had my eyes set on the PS4 right at the start. You gotta feel for the people who worked on the infrastructure to bring something new to the gamers then suddenly have to scrap it. There is always 2 sides to a story, Yes it would suck not to have used games and always connected to the internet but in return you would get a digital game library, you could share any games you get with 9 other family members, gift games to other people, Not need the disc in the console after you install it, get more price drops for games like how steam does.

I accept any flame on this post.

3. tamsman

tamsman Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Microsoft :cry: me a river. Love how he is so sad and upset on how the gaming industry is suffering. Really sad to see how greedy they have become. And further more I think we support the developers enough when we first buy that game for the cost they impose on new games. So what if we gamers sell our used games after we beat them or find out that they blow

4. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Look if M$ wanted to they could still do "Family Sharing" say for all digitally downloaded content (exc on disc content) but they spat there dummy out and threw there toys out of the pram and want to put the Blame focus onto the people that aired there god given right when we all felt like they where taking the p/ss. The only people to blame is Microsoft no one else and to be honest if that's all it was going to be the family sharing allowing someone to play the game for 15-45mins then they can keep it, it obviously wasn't all that anyway, we are better of now everyone in the entire world can have the console on day one and anyone can use the console and any game from the entire world, this is better end off.........

Nice find Bullet +rep

5. Menov

Menov 5.0 COBRA R 1993 Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Not everyone, technically you still need a online connection to install the day one update. Only then will it be useable offline, so you still have to have access to the internet, at least once ;) .

6. Sh

Sharp_Shot123 Epic XPG Gamer Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Imagine someone who you've never seen before comes knocking on your door asking to use your internet for his XBONE, What would you say/do? lol

*This should be a poll hahah*

e/ better yet, if you got to like a game store to pick up your system they should have some booths with a tv and ethernet cable for people that don't have internet so that they can unlock their consoles haha

7. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Good question. I suppose for some country's and areas around the world this will be a issue for them still :|

8. extinction

extinction Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    And when the xbox server crash, we will have a huge paper weight until it up and running again. I don't want to be treated like a little kid and need to be check up every 24 hrs. Until MS change the policy, we had already seen a big difference in the preorder quantity between the xbox one and PS4. Consumers already had decided regardless what MS say in the long run.. blah.. blah.. blah craps.

9. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This was debunked by Microsoft here at Kotaku, Its Microsoft though :LOL:
    http://kotaku.com/rumor-about-xbox-one-family-sharings-downsides-has-fla-534484570

10. CJ

CJFNG Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    My 360 is hard wired to my network. I was looking forward to seeing what ms and thied party devs were going to do. Kinda disappointed that the community would be so afraid of change