GTA V: Daz Dillinger Issues cease and desist against Rockstar

Bullet Oct 11, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Rapper Daz Dillinger has sent Rockstar a cease and desist letter, after accusing the developer of using two of his hit's namely "C-Walk" and "Nothin' But the Cavi Hit" in Grand Theft Auto V without paying him.
    Rockstar did offer the rapper a payment for the use of his songs which he turned down because it was " offensive"

[​IMG]

According to website TMZ Rockstar has been sent a cease and desist order, since Daz (real name Delmar Arnaud) claims that in the end he wasn’t paid anything for the songs as he wouldn't accept an offer of $4,271.00 for both songs.

Dlemar has also ordered that Rockstar either come up with a better offer for using his material, or they have to recall and destroy all unsold copies of the game.
    To date over 15 million copies of GTA V have been sold around the world, recalling all unsold copies seems like a mammoth task that would never happen.

The rapper claims this isn't about money its about " respecting an artist’s work. Rockstar didn’t do that here and I can’t let them get away with it ."

Well good job its not about the money is all i can say because i can see another title update incoming that will remove his songs altogether.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. AMIGAKID

AMIGAKID No one
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How can he turn down 15 million potential fans. Here comes a patch. This is a great way of getting his music heard up till now i was like Dlemar who...

3. Wiselyrics

Wiselyrics Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    As a musician myself, I would be more than greatful and humbled if Rockstar ever used my music. Having Rockstar pick up your music is enough respect to consider the least. That's like free promotion to the millions of fans who have a copy of the game.

4. PlaguedEmbrace

PlaguedEmbrace Don Pellucci - SS
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    what a *****

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

He says its not all about the money.. BS

6. elnino

elnino Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    He turned downRockstar's proposition in the first place, that's his right if he wanna sue them or w/e. Rockstar not removing the songs before the game wen't gold is something odd.

This somehow remind ofborderlands 2 stolen art, not sure why...

7. Yo

Youch Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    lol

8. ge

gentoogod Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How are people defending R*? Blind fanboy faith im assuming. He turned down the offer BEFORE the game came out and they didn't remove it. He has every right to sue them. That's just a ***** move on rockstars behalf.