German IT officials reportedly deem Windows 8 too ‘dangerous’ to use

Bullet Aug 22, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

[​IMG]

The National Security Agency’s snooping practices may be costing American companies a lot of money. German publication Zeit Online has obtained leaked documents that purportedly show that IT experts within the German government believe that Windows 8 contains back doors that the NSA could use to remotely control any computers that have it installed.
    The German officials specifically worry about how Windows 8 interacts with Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs) and are concerned that once Windows machines are paired with TPM 2.0 in 2015, they won’t be able to deactivate it on their machines if they don’t want it. Once TPM 2.0 is in place, Zeit says that German researchers fear that there will be “simply no way to tell what exactly Microsoft does to their system through remote updates.” Because of this “loss of control over [the capabilities of] information technology,” the researchers conclude that ”the security-oriented principles of ‘confidentiality’ and ‘integrity’ are no longer achievable” in machines that have TPM 2.0 installed.
    Interestingly, the researchers say that they’ll still be able to use Windows 7 securely “until 2020,” so it seems the German government may be using the legacy version of Microsoft’s platform for years to come if it takes up its IT experts’ recommendations.

Makes you wonder doesnt it..... still want that always on kinect :p

Source

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    35/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    The kinect isn't always on MS said you don't even need it pluged into the xbox for it to work lol.

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

That was more a joke about the lack of privacy and not trusting MS one bit.

4. Na

Narianor Guest

I still want to play my Project Spark beta that comes out in October so I have to keep Win8. :(

5. XPG Paddy

XPG Paddy FTP Staff Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Haha Good Job Im on 7 now Didnt like 8 Haha!

6. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i personally hate windows 8 i have gone back to 7 alot quicker to use and likes third party programs more .

7. s1m0n

s1m0n XPG Supporter
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    to be honest if the NSA or CIA want in they will but overall win 8 is a good fast OS andive added the proper start button back because I always liked it.