GameSpot Poll: PS4 Owners are Slightly More Satisfied with Their Console Purchase Than Xbox One Buye

ADDZ Jan 9, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

GameSpot Poll: PS4 Owners are Slightly More Satisfied with Their Console Purchase Than Xbox One Buyers

Next-gen consoles have been on the market for about a month now, so how are early adopters feeling? According to one GameSpot poll, PS4 owners seem to be a little bit happier with their purchase than those with an Xbox One. Needless to say however, it's not like the spread is a massive one. If you check out the data below, 39% of PS4 owners gave their satisfaction level a ten out of ten while 33% hit that range for Xbox One. As you slide further down the scale, that discrepancy seems to continue, but on average, most folks seem to be inclined to give their experience somewhere between an eight and a ten (ten being "extremely satisfied.") With that said, positive regards for both machines are still quite high.

[​IMG]

One has to wonder though, why the green Xbox bar seems to occupy a higher percentage on the lower end of the chart than PS4's indicator. Do buyers feel that the increased $500 price was not quite worth the investment? Is the much-talked-about Kinect senor not a fan of the consumer's particular style of voice commands? Are a few Sony fanboys trolling the data collection process? Obviously this chart will probably even out over time as more consoles get sold, but happiness seems to be all the rage for this new tech.

2. ShangTsung

ShangTsung Member
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i guess so, ps4 owners aren't REQUIRED to be online 24/7 just to play a game! **** move on the part of microsoft cause i've been xbox all day since day 1 and now am forced to jump on the sony bandwagon all cause of this "must be online to play anything" horse sh!t.. ridiculous! i am amazed ANYBODY AT ALL is spending their money on that pos console.
    :cry:

3. TeenageGnome

TeenageGnome Left 4 Dead Modder XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You don't have to be online to play games.

4. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Im not completely satisfied with my Xbox one but its only early days so far, does not mean im going to give up on the console, things will get better as microsoft irons out all the bugs and more games/apps get added to the system. My biggest disappointment with the XB1 would have to be the fact they have tried to market it as an all around media center and focus on that side rather than gaming yet they removed all the media apps i used to use on the xbox 360, in australia there is not many apps to choose from at all and we dont get access to netflix etc, so right now i think its just a waiting game and probably more focused on what the game/app developers can bring to the systems more so than Sony or Microsoft, the systems are brand new and a massive change in architecture so you cant expect everything to be readily available from day one. As they said PS4 owners are feeling about the same with their consoles and the percentages between xbox and PS are really not that much different, no matter which one you go for at this stage i think its too early to judge. Only time will tell.

ShangTsung - Playing games offline was a big issue for me before i bought the console aswell, almost stopped me from buying one as i had no internet access at the time but with the outrage it caused before release they pulled their head in and removed the "online only play", the only games you need to be online to play are a certain couple of games from the xbox store, mostly to do with free kinect titles like Xbox Fitness etc, no big drama.

5. ShangTsung

ShangTsung Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    whaa.. so you DON'T have to be online just to play a game!? are you sure??? cause thats what every last flame war i've spotted in youtube comment sections has been about..
    see, where i live the only cable provider for my area is about as reliable as an assassin with down syndrome.. so keeping a connection for more than a few hours at a time is more less impossible, one of the reasons i'm glad i'm not into online mp cause i couldn't do it anyway, hell its hard enough just buying dlc, i gotta be really quick with it, long story.. anyways if this is indeed true you just made my day sir.
    :|

6. FeralA9X

430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    i have only just got an internet connection back in the past 2 days, have had my xb1 since a week after release and have been able to play every game offline so far ;)
    dont get me wrong, it is better to be online but you dont need to be :)

7. FeralA9X

430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    you will need to install the initial system update which adds offline play but if your connection drops out it will pause and resume as soon as you reconnect ;)

8. ShangTsung

ShangTsung Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    nice!!! so excited now.. i've been all sorts of bent outa shape for missing out on all these badass upcoming xb1 exclusives, looks like gamestop will be receiving a trade in ps4 for a huge knock off the price of an xb1 next pay day. thanks for the heads up m8!
    :D

9. bu

bubba08 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I don't mind the 500 it's only 100 more the better games lined up but I'm not satisfied because the new o's socks hard to navigate can't record voice message and feel the 360 has way more attention to than there giving the Xbox 1

10. FeralA9X

430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    New OS does take a bit of getting used to but same as anything new, as with the 360 they changed the dash so many times and we had to adapt, wouldnt be a new console if it ran the same way as the 360, the xbox 360 is probably getting a bit more attention atm as they are trying their best to make as much from it as possible, im sure after a few more releases on xb1 and after the bugs have been ironed out the main focus will be Xb1, as for "cant record voice messages" these are things that can and probably will be added if enough people get behind it ;)

11. Sh

Sharp_Shot123 Epic XPG Gamer Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I absolutely love my PS4.

:)

12. Menov

Menov 5.0 COBRA R 1993 Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    As I agree with you here - for me right now as an addicted 360 owner. PS4 improved in every way than it's predecessor and is more like the 360, IMO. As far as the universal console features are concerned - storage, party system and focus on gaming ;)
    And the new PlayStation Now service, that is going to be awesome if it works as it is advertised :yes: Like you said time will tell.

Same here :yes2:

13. FeralA9X

430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    As far as i have been told its not a matter of playstation vs xbox anymore and who is better, both consoles are as good as each other and its all down to the games, for example if you like forza get an xbox, if you like Gran turismo get a PS, lets see what the future brings for both platforms ;)

14. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    yea I agree with you! I think ps4 and xbox both have advantages/disadvantages over each other. It all comes down to exclusives. And again both consoles have amazing exclusives so it's a really tough decision

15. setsae

setsae " the one & only "
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    I just want to say HI to Feral .. and PS4 rules all !