Games and Installed Programs Give Game Error

WolfyImpulse Jan 2, 2014

1. Wo

WolfyImpulse Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Up until recently, I have been able to run games and installed programs just fine, but now when I try and play my games or go into FSD, I get the game error "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." It only seems to do this if I try and start it from xexmenu. It did the same in FSD when it was working, but it only did it to certain titles. My avatar also suffers from this strange incident. After updating to dash 16537, and installing the avatar items, I was able to see my avatar, but now he wont show up. 8( However, it does seem to work if I start it from the games library, but I'm afraid that might go as well. They All of this is quite frustrating and I have no idea why it is doing this. They all worked in the past.
    I'm using xexmenu 1.1 and FSD3 rev 775 on dash 16537 (i recently updated it from an older version because i heard that might work). I have tried it on Halo 3 and Reach, COD: Ghost and BO2, FSD3 and Dash Launch.

Any help is greatly appreciated. =^-^=

2. mickdoc

mickdoc Banned BANNED
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    when you updated did you check youre game paths ,they might have reset mate ,this is just an option to check

3. xboxboxer

xboxboxer Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    When in xexmenu did you bring up the Y button menu with copy paste etc and it says patch, did you happen to hit that, that screwed up my games once.

As for the profile does it let you change the avatar stuff and save or is it a can't save message when trying? I had an offline profile that I added a xuid to for avatars and after a couple of system updates ago corrupted the profile (the other profile being an online one was fine) I had to delete it.

4. Wo

WolfyImpulse Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Actually, yes i did. However, I did that after they stopped working, and i don't think that would affect FSD's ability to start up. Also, I can't see my avatar at all.

If by game paths you mean where they are saved, then yes. And I tried to play it from the location it was installed as well (in XeXMenu). Also, it worked for a little while after the update, but didn't solve the problem with the other titles i tried to play.

5. Wo

WolfyImpulse Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Okay, I am still unsure how to fix it, but I might have an idea. Is there a way to reset the RGH to the "default settings" (as in the way it was when i first got it). That way i can just reinstall everything. Yeah it's a pain, but it beats not being able to use it at all.

6. bi

billlmccoy Newbie
    0/47

Hey...I just accidently hit the "patch" button and now none of my games are running from the xexmenu 1.1. Anyway i can undo it or do i need to empty my harddisk and copy dvds all over again? i have a Jtag xbox360....HELP

7. Ch

Chasemathieu Newbie
    0/47

I have the same problem. What I do to fix it is to go to xexmenu then on HDD1 folder, then on freestyledash folder, inside that folder is a folder named "data" i deleted it. After that, I went back to FSD by running on default.xex on Freestyledash folder. If you are already in FSD, go to setting then manage your game paths there.