Flashers Come One Come All

XPGCaboose Nov 9, 2010

1. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok now that i have your attention i have a quick question for anyone who flashes drives. I have a Lite-On 74850c that is already flashed with LT 1.1 and it has recently seemed to lose it's mind. It worked one day and then the next day it just said Open tray. Then when i put in a disc whether it's a backup or original it always says open disc again. Almost as if it lost it's FW. Then when i popped open the case and tried to reflash the drive i can't get my key off. I'm using a CK3 Pro with a probe and when i put the probe into R707 i can't get a green light on my probe. has anyone else had this problem? is there any other ways to extract my key other than the probe or do you think there is something else i can try to save my drive? any help would be appreciated.

2. SC

SCSA_316 Guest

i do hope u backed up up your keys or i hate to say it u might be ferked if you gotz your keys u can try and flash it again hope this helps :thumbsup:

3. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    if you flashed without disconnecting your lasor first then this can cause the open tray error, you need a new drive or lens, but once you have flashed with lt1.1 the probe is useless as there is no way you can dump your drive again in the "magic hole" r707. I had this problem getting my firmware off my flashed drive that I did not do before I started flashing drives, I thought the probe was fooked but apparatly the r707 is useless after a LT flash. So all I can suggest is getting a new drive and flashing without your lens connected. If you have your drive key you should be fine but if not you will have to do the mra hack to get the drive key off your fooked drive.

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

Definantly sounds like the lasers burnt out, i just had exact same truoble with my liteon, i just swapped the laser over for another and it was fine.

5. splatsters

splatsters PS3 Section Mod Gold Subscriber
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Right you dont need the probe with a already flashed lite on you can click on dummy file and it re-dumps the key for you

i have come across this a few times and 80% a lens change does it but i also have come across lite ons that just die with a great lens
    lite on's are good drives but they have many faults
    if the drive was flashed and worked then i would rule out lens burn out (BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS TRY A NEW LENS)

i would just try a new drive cause if it ain't the lens then its 100% the board you should still be able to get the key from it tho 90% of the time

As i said you don't need the probe on a already flashed drive

6. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    appreciate all the help guys. i will try to do the dummy.bin first and if that doesn't work then i will try a new lens. appreciate all the help guys. +rep to all of you.

7. Bu

Bullet Guest

If i were you i would just swap out the laser , it only takes a couple of minutes & if you dont have another Liteon kicking around you can also use Benq lasers as they are the same.

8. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    I am sure you cant use dummy bin from LT firmwar,e only iextreme before LT thats why I was fooked