First Person Shooters of 2012

XPG Paddy Dec 30, 2011

1. XPG Paddy

XPG Paddy FTP Staff Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox
    It’s safe to say 2011 was a decent year for gamers. Especially these last few months with the release of Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim to name a few. So, now that Christmas has come and gone, and the new year is right around the corner, what do we have to look forward to for 2012?

Let’s start with Halo 4, set to hit shelves in December 2012. Being that Halo: Combat Evolved is one of my all time favorite first person shooters, I’m especially looking forward to this. The teasers they’ve released so far might not show much, but it’s enough to make any Halo fan squeal with anticipation. While Halo: Reach was a decent game, it definitely didn’t live up to be everything we Halo lovers were looking forward to. Mostly because we want master chief back! It was a good enough game to tide us over until Halo 4, though.

Another game to look forward to will be Bioshock Infinite. I personally enjoy the Bioshock games, so I was excited to learn there would be a new edition in 2012. However, this will also be released in December along with Halo 4, meaning we still have to wait an entire year to get our hands on it. Boo at that!

Also set to release in 2012 are Borderlands 2, Tribes Ascend, and XCOM. Borderlands gained quite a bit of popularity among the gaming community shortly after it’s release. I think it’s safe to assume there are a lot of people who are ecstatic that a second edition to the game is coming out.

As for Tribes Ascend this game is currently available to play but only as a closed beta, and it’s not yet been said whether or not this game will be available on the PS3, or Xbox 360. However, there are new game types they’re trying out within the beta to see whether or not they’ll go over well. XCOM is basically just a reboot of the game X-COM, it’s a strategic first person shooter. It will have an all new setting, but most of the concepts are the same as the original. It will be released for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 and is set to hit shelves in early march of 2012.

While most people have been saying 2012 will be a bad year for gamers, I think we’ll be just fine with the options listed above. What games are you looking forward to in the new year? Let us know!