Feature Story The Droids You’re Looking For: Xbox 360 Limited Edition ‘Kinect Star Wars’ Bundle Anno

ADDZ Jul 21, 2011

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

Xbox 360 Limited Edition ‘Kinect Star Wars’ Bundle Announced
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Kinect Star Wars" Bundle Announced

[font="Verdana][size="2"]During a panel presentation today at the 41[sup]st[/sup] annual Comic-Con International, Xbox and LucasArts unveiled a limited-edition “Kinect Star Wars” bundle aimed at fans of one of the biggest movie franchises of all time. The hardware includes a custom R2-D2-themed 320 GB Xbox 360 console, which features unique sounds from the Star Wars movies; a white Kinect sensor; and a gold C-3PO-themed Xbox 360 wireless controller.

[font="Verdana][size="2"]The bundle will also include copies of “Kinect Adventures” and “Kinect Star Wars,” which invites players into the Star Wars universe. The game will allow fans to physically experience Jedi training and wield the Force – and of course a lightsaber – right in their living room through controller-free gameplay.[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana][size="2"]“There were probably a few Star Wars fans in the audience who can’t wait to become the Jedi with their trusted droids C-3PO and R2D2 alongside,” said David Dennis, group program manager for Xbox.[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana][size="2"]“Rabid Star Wars fans tend to congregate at Comic-Con, so we decided to announce there and geek out right alongside some of the biggest fans around,” said Dennis.[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana][size="2"]Attention to detail was a critical part of the project, and the results should delight Star Wars fans around the world. The Xbox team worked closely with LucasArts to ensure the Kinect game and Xbox hardware faithfully captured the details, characters and themes of the Star Wars universe, Dennis explained. In fact, they had to win approval from the Jedi Council itself – a real LucasArts team that vets all Star Wars-related products.[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana][size="2"]“For the biggest fans, Star Wars was a franchise you literally grew up with over 10 years,” Dennis said. “We’ve all had countless mock lightsaber duels with friends. This game is the first time you get to become a Jedi in the Star Wars universe on your own TV, and it’s going to be awesome.”[/size][/font]

Source: [/size][/font]http://www.microsoft.com

2. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    wow that looks quality, id love to get me hands on 1 of them :)

3. AD

ADDZ Guest

Agreed I'm so tempted BUT evil controller have covers you can clip on to a normal slim that look good too. I bought the Halo slim and never got to use it.

4. crz3 br0ad3

crz3 br0ad3 I'm The Daddy Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    stealing my fame

5. AD

ADDZ Guest

Maybe you should open your eyes?!

...or use the search bar.

6. crz3 br0ad3

crz3 br0ad3 I'm The Daddy Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i noticed after i seen granty reply to other post. my bad

7. bi

biggp Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I pre-ordered this at a Gamestop in my town, they didn't know how many they would get though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
    Being an (ocd) collector, I'm not really sure I would risk actually using it...
    What if I were to get scratches on the shiny C3PO controller :suicide_fool-edit:

I wonder if they are going to offer the controllers separately, it sure would look a lot better with a pair of those golden beauties...