Fable 3 Anti-Corruption Experiment

nubnub Oct 27, 2013

1. nu

nubnub Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Fable 3 is a hard nut to crack but i believe i have made progress into prevention of save corruption. Little late i understand, but it could translate to corruption prevention on a variety of games in the future. I can mod, save, resave, change location, change profile, gender, etc. to my hearts content on my Fable 3. But i would need to experiment on another's save and configuration before i report any fix instructions. If someone would be so kind as to upload a mod-free male hero save somewhere at the arrival of the dweller camp i would be greatful. For testing purposes, this file needs to be created with the bought full version of the understone and traitor's keep DLC's and ONLY those two. this can be done by moving all other downloaded content to a removable drive and removed from the xbox before playing and creating the save. The final product will not require those DLC's, it is merely to prevent the possibility of save corruption involving store bought content. Thank you for your time.

as an added precation, i'd appreciate that said save be created after the system cache was cleared. to do this, you must highlight the storage device containing the profile you will use to make the save on the xbox and press "Y". There will be a command for clearing the system cache. Afterwards, play offline and do not update the game when prompted. When the save is completed, feel free to re-update but do not access the save after said update. Once again, thank you for your time.

2. EndurableMaster2012

EndurableMaster2012 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i have a fable 3 save on here 100% corruption free.. works with all dlc. i have have used this save countless time...

3. nu

nubnub Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Little progress to report, but an altered game update seems to be the answer. One can disable legitamacy checks by changing the update without altering the version. should be safe for online play as well as the game only checks for the update version. this assuming that the game's developer doesn't release a newer update, not that that version can't be altered too. will update on progress.

4. nu

nubnub Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    While i could simply upload altered game updates, i don't want a bunch of people relying on me to make them (as i am often preoccupied with life and keeping them up to date is more work than i desire put forth). i will instead present the issue and hopefully through a collaborative effort, someone may find an alternative solution. The issue is as follows: When Fable 3 saves, it copies the console id not only to the save configuration, but within the save itself. it uses this to determine the particular "legendary weapons" and "rare gems" etc. exclusive to the owner's console. When someone attempts to overwrite the acquired save on their xbox, it adds to the current saved console id rather than overwriting it. When the game tries to load said FrankenID, it reads the file as corrupt.

I have tried running a save without any console ID within the save, which also reads as corrupt. I have not tried replacing the ID as I only have one xbox and mine is no longer hounded by such issues. The methods of extracting the ID's from the save itself is very involved and a much more user friendly solution would be ideal. In the mean time, if someone has a corrupted save that they want tailored for their personal xbox, pm me and we will discuss how you will deliver the save and what i will require set it for your console. I would appreciate the chance to experiment and see a solution develop. This is neither a guaranteed fix, nor is it a prompt delivery service mind you. I will get to it when i can and will contact you when it is finished and ready to be tested. I only change a number of values within the save itself, this will in no way harm your xbox, the storage device used for transfer, the game, or any other saves that may happen to be contained in the same device.

If anyone has any better ideas or comments, leave them here. Please no slanderous remarks and the like. If you have a legitimate complaint or feel that you need to discredit my method, I would like to know what the issue is likely more than anyone else. PM me your concern before you post here and i will address it accordingly. Thank you for your efforts in advance.