[Easy-Guide] Cheat Engine Hacks For Most Games!

sectonolsen Jul 6, 2013

1. sectonolsen

sectonolsen Newbie
    45/47

Console:
    Other
    Hey guys! This is a easy guide that I have picked up on from experience and Youtube videos. (I give credit to them for their part, and credit to Cheat Engine for being such a simple, in my opinion, program.) This will be different for each game, so you will have to mess around a 'bit with the Cheat Engine. I was use Guild Wars as an example for this.

PLEASE take note that some games are NOT hackable with Cheat Engine, and some games can auto-detect the program modifying your in-game person/client. You could be kicked/banned. So use at your own expense. I will NOT take responsibility for what you do with the information I will give you.

What you will need:
    Cheat Engine 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3
    http://members.upc.nl/cheatengine/CheatEngine61.exe
    http://members.upc.nl/cheatengine/CheatEngine62.exe
    http://members.upc.nl/cheatengine4/d1/CheatEngine63.exe
    Client-based game/browser game
    Commonsense/Patience

STEP 1:
    - Open up your game, and go into the world/level/match. (Depends of your game)

- Open up Cheat Engine.

STEP 2:
    - Once Cheat Engine is opened, on the top left of the program underneath the 'File' tab, there will be a flashing button that looks like a computer with a magnifying glass over it. Click that button.

- A list of programs should open up in a smaller sized box. Look for your game (or browser that has the game opened up) and double click it.

STEP 3:
    - Now, go into your game and look for a value of what you want to change. (Health, mana, money, ammo, etc.)

- Type that value into the long value bar underneath the two scan buttons. Once you have done that, press new scan.

STEP 4:
    - Now, in the larger box on the left of the Cheat Engine, a bunch of random numbers will pop up. Some will be red, green, and black. Ignore that for now.

- Go back into you game and 'change' the value that you want to hack. (Take off armor, spend/sell and item, shoot some bullets, etc.) The new value you have will go into that long value bar in the Cheat Engine again. But this time, you will press 'Next Scan'.

- Now, the box on the left will have a significantly smaller amount of options. If you're lucky, you'll be down to one. If that's the case skip Step 5. If you have more than one option, go continue on to Step 5.

STEP 5:
    - You've gotten more than one option. Pity. Well, no problem. Here's what we will do. Start from the top and double click the value. In the very bottom of the box, it will appear. Click the value on that option and change it to whatever you want. Go into the game and see if the value has been changed.

- If the value is the same, you will have to remove that option from the bottom and try another one. If the value changes to what you typed in, than HURRAH! You're one step closer! You can skip Step 6.

STEP 6:
    - Great, you only got one value! Double click it so it appears on the bottom-most box in the Cheat Engine. Once it is there, click the value section of that option. Change the value to what you want. Now, go into the game to double check that the value changes. If it does, than you're perfect! If it doesn't, you'll have to go through each step one more time and make sure you did everything correct!

STEP 7:
    - Okay great. We've gotten through the modifying. Now, one last thing. On the option that you modified, there will be a small check-box on the left. Click it and it will freeze that value in the game. Once that is done, as long as you don't go to a new zone, exit the game, close Cheat Engine, or anything like that, the value will be there forever. If you do anything that changes the values, the modified value will return to normal. So be careful!

NOTE: The values may appear to decrease, but that doesn't mean it hasn't worked. It may decrease, but you will still have that value. It just won't show.
    NOTE: There is also the possibility that it doesn't work at all, but only appears to have changed. This is normally what happens on server-sided games.

This is my first Cheat Engine guide. Err... First guide for any program at all. So please leave feedback on how I did and feedback/problems you have when going through this tutorial. If you have any other questions, feel free to send a message!

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Nice clean and simple tut to follow nice work ;)

3. setsae

setsae " the one & only "
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    good post , cheat engine works wonders on pc games !

:gamer4:

4. sectonolsen

sectonolsen Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    Hey thanks! And I never really used Cheat Engine until this past year. I messed with it a bit when I was younger, but all I played was World of Warcraft retail. So I would get banned easily and frequently. Now that I have expanded and studied a bit of programming, hacking, and security, I am delving into the old 'ancient' but working programs. I'm still iffy on WPE.Pro or whatever that was. When I started on private servers, that worked. But it was always popping up as a virus haha. And since I was so uneducated about virus' and malware, I downloaded everything I saw.

5. txcolnago

txcolnago Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Very Nice.

6. sectonolsen

sectonolsen Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    Thanks to you guys as well! I'm glad I successfully made an easy guide for a program! I'll be sure to add screenshots eventually, and add them to future guides. :D

7. Bu

Bullet Guest

Great tutorial , nice clean and easy to follow. Exactly what this site needs.

+rep

8. sectonolsen

sectonolsen Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    Hey, I appreciate that! I'll keep up with the guides that I find useful and working. I'm also working on my hacking tools. But they can be a bit tiring and difficult. I made a shooter game hack for a friend, and I have to use that source code and modify it to work for MMORPGs and their different aspects and static addresses and what not.