Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is in Development For Xbox One

Rocky Mar 24, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Blizzard has revealed that Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is currently in development for Xbox One, though the studio won't be drawn on a release date for the next-gen version of the game just yet.

"I don't know where we are with Microsoft right now so I can't really comment on what that contract looks like," said Lead Producer Alex Mayberry. "The point is we are developing for Xbox [One] and PS4 simultaneously. We hit those major platforms and then our goal as a development team is to make them run."

Mayberry claims that "it makes more sense" to build Diablo III for both next-gen consoles at the same time, and although a launch date has yet to be revealed for the Ultimate Evil Edition, "it's not far off", says Mayberry.

"We have that pipeline worked out," he continued. "We've already done it with the 360 and PS3, so that team knows how to develop at the same time for both of those platforms. That's just what we do. And then Blizzard and Microsoft can work out whatever they work out."

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition bundles Diablo III with the Reaper of Souls expansion pack and will be coming to Xbox One and PS4.

[​IMG]

Source - X360A

2. DankScope

DankScope Member
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Cant wait!!!!! gunna no life the shiznit out of this game!!!!!!!!

3. Te

Terrorist Newbie BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I cannot wait for this. I already have all of the achievements on D3, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had on a video game; going for all of the achievements that is! :yahoo:

4. Capcomaniac

Capcomaniac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Cleared Malthael on Torment IV, Willing to start over on the X1

But I didn't touch the 360 version, can someone give an opinion the controls?