Details on Policy Changes, What you don't get - Kotaku

Menov Jun 20, 2013

1. Menov

Menov 5.0 COBRA R 1993 Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    More Details from Kotaku

Speaking to Kotaku, VP of Xbox Live Marc Whitten said, "There’s a few things we won’t be able to deliver as a result of this change."
    "One of the things we were very excited about was 'wherever we go my games are always with me.' Now, of course your physical games won’t show up that way. The games you bought digitally will. You’ll have to bring your discs with you to have your games with you. Similarly, the sharing library [is something] we won’t be able to deliver at launch."
    Whitten said of the new approach, "The way to think about it is it works the way it does with 360. You can give them, loan them, trade them, play them. They will work exactly as they do today."

Microsoft's offer to let you share Xbox One games with up to nine other "family" members is gone, too

Beyond that, Microsoft has also expanded upon its intention to ditch region locking. "You could buy a console in any country and use it any country," said Whitten. "You can use any disc in that console."

The Xbox Live VP concluded by saying, "We believe a lot in this digital future. We believe it builds an amazing experience—the ability to have a broader sharing platform and my content coming with me, [but] what we heard is people still wanted more choice… they wanted the familiarity of the physical disc."

Edit: Microsoft clarifies that the planned day-one Xbox One update, which Whitten told me, will "complete some of the software that won’t be there," is actually not a result of today's DRM policy change. Rather, it was always planned and will simply be required for playing off-line, among other things. Not a patch, they say. But, yes, your new Xbox console would have to connect online once in order to do the things Microsoft described today. And then you can keep it offline and play games without re-connecting to the Internet forever.

Link to Article here:
    Kotaku

This still only fixes a scratch in a totaled car :black_eye:

2. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Proper spat there dummy out haven't they lol.
    Just wonder how many people they have lost as all the BS

3. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Haha so according to MS you can buy a game in the US and use it in a xbox one you have bought in the UK which means all games on disc need to be region free including the console ;)

Beyond that, Microsoft has also expanded upon its intention to ditch region locking. "You could buy a console in any country and use it any country," said Whitten. "You can use any disc in that console."