Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

DayZ coming to the Xbox One?

Rocky Feb 25, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Bohemia Interactive founder Dean Hall has once again mulled over the idea of a Day Z Xbox One port, suggesting that the developer will make a decision on this front in the next 12 months. He's also been chatting to Microsoft recently about a variety of "really interesting and exciting things". What sort of things? You'll have to ask Microsoft.

[​IMG]

"I would be surprised if we hadn't made a decision by the end of the year," Hall told Eurogamer as part of a wide-ranging interview. "Whether that means it's being actively developed or released... I'd be surprised if any console port could be developed in 12 months; we haven't fully started developing anything yet for a console, so..."

Hall has had "a lot of meetings" with both Microsoft and Sony about bringing the game to console, and feels this is the "natural thing to do" given DayZ's success on PC. There are no guarantees for the moment, though - not least because Hall himself plans to leave Bohemia Interactive by the end of this year.

How would DayZ need to be adapted to work on Xbox One? "I don't know. I'm not sure how involved I'll be with that, to be honest, and I'm not sure whether I'd want to be."

Hall has more interest in PC development, but is intrigued by what he's heard of Microsoft's plans for Xbox One. "I care a lot about the PC, obviously, and I have nothing against consoles, and there's some really interesting and exciting things happening.

That was one of the cool things about meeting with Microsoft. There were definitely some things they said that I'm not allowed to talk about that I was like, 'Wow! That's interesting. Why don't you tell people that?' But I guess they want to make sure everything all goes together and that."

In terms of the practicalities, Hall imagines "that, at the very least, there would be control and user-interface changes for the consoles, unless we could work out some deals to break their [terms and conditions] and certification requirements. There might need to be more of a help and tutorial - I would fight a tutorial as much as I could.

"There would be, naturally, some changes," he continued. "I don't think they'd be super-huge, and I don't think Microsoft or Sony would want them to be different, because they would just want DayZ on their things. I legitimately think some of the people at Sony and Microsoft thought DayZ was cool. It's definitely clear for me that it wasn't just about money, but they legitimately want to see exciting, creative [games on their consoles].

"People rip on Microsoft and Sony but actually, when meeting with them, they're definitely legitimately interested in DayZ."

Are you?

Source - OXM

2. rcgam3r

rcgam3r G4M3R 4 71F3
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    DayZ for consoles? :eek: always wanted to play DayZ. Wheres the links for a cheap ps4? :D xD

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

3. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    they mentioned the game might come to xbox one. Not ps4 :LOL:

4. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    they mentioned the game might come to xbox one. Not ps4 :LOL:

5. DatChrmoSchwinnGuy

DatChrmoSchwinnGuy Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Day Z on One would be awesome!

6. PlaguedEmbrace

PlaguedEmbrace Don Pellucci - SS
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    please do, I enjoy DayZ quite a bit and a console port would be interesting to say the least

7. rcgam3r

rcgam3r G4M3R 4 71F3
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    :cry: :why: :dash2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.