XPG Darkside Nov 25, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    [​IMG]
    So the next gen is finally upon us and I've been taking on Capcom's next adventure in the Dead Rising series.

I will chuck in some game play further down the review so you can check it out also if you haven't got your hands on it yet.

Following the previous Dead Rising installments I can say this is the best one yet.

I didn't relay like Dead Rising 2 but 3 has got me gripped.

When you start up the game you find Nick trapped on a highway and you have to use the roofs of cars along the highway to avoid large zombie groups, and fight your way up into the plane which has just crashed.

Once you have gone though the plane and watched out for those sneaky zombies who pretend to be dead you first encounter what I can say is the power of a next gen console with a massive and I mean massive heard of zombies.

[​IMG]

Time to run them over :LOL:

The game play is smooth and it doesn't lag out like you think it would with this amount of stuff going on at once.

The attention to detail is back once again like in the old dead rising games for example you will find a suite of armor that will squeak when your running like it needs some oil on there.

Picking up items can be a bit annoying at times, to pick up the exact object you're looking for in a heard of zombies can get annoying rather quickly.

[​IMG]

The crafting system is back one again and this time it's a lot easier to craft items all you need to do is pick two items from a blueprint up and have them in your inventory and press A to combine, you can combine boxing gloves with a box of nails for example.

Vehicles can also be combined into deadly and awesome things such as the roller hawg.

Which combines the Motorcycle and a Steamroller !!

[​IMG]

So far from where I've got up to on the game there is plenty to do and it will keep you busy for a while if you love zombie smashing there is plenty to find such as collectable blueprints for weapons and vehicles, you also have tragic endings which will be a dead body which you have to investigate.

In total there are 101 Weapon Blueprints.

They're 67 (BLUE) combo weapons and 34 (GOLD) super combo weapons.

There are also 10 vehicle blueprints.

And 9 Special books which can be located in the safe zones of Los Perdidos, the books can be activated to give a special buff to Nick.

There are also ZDC speakers which you need to break which will reward you with prestige points the only way I've come across to break these is with bullet when we drove are taxi into one and it blew up :LOL:

There are also a load of costumes like I mentioned before the suite of armor is one and the servbot masks are back !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQ7_KmwDiM

I love this mask nothing like running around smashing zombies dressed up as a lego man lol.

The boss encounters are also back in DR3 and these guys are a lot harder the first one you should encounter is a mad Chinese guy called Zhi.

[​IMG]

His basic attack pattern sees him toss an explosive and he launches himself at you, so standing still for too long guarantees a swift fly-kick to the back of the head.

I would advise you take a friend along with you for the boss fights as they can be tricky on your own.

You can also earn a achievement for doing this called be a D**K :LOL:

Don't take Bullet along with you though he likes to smash you around the head with the electric staff :p

The missions this time are a lot harder also but there a lot of fun, on one of them you need to move a coffin in a hurst and if you blow the car up like I did you need to carry it to your destination and use it for smashing zombies with lol.

There are also a hell of a lot of side missions which will keep you occupied also most of these see you carrying out tasks for other survivors, such as finding spay paints cans for the graffiti girl which will lead to you earning your first save zone house area, where you can access a wardrobe to change your outfits.

So overall then from where I've got to so far in the game it's a must buy Xbox One title if you love zombie slashing.

I would give the game a score a 8/10 due to the fact there are a few bugs here and there which could be patched out with a TU but I'm probably being picky I love the game and it's alot of fun.

And below is a bit of game play for you to feast your eyes on.

Cheers Dark ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_sTT3qfmwE

2. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    nice one DS ;)

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

Great review Darkside, this game is a lot of fun and feels and plays a lot better than the other Dead rising games in the series.
    It does get really hard the further you get it feels almost impossible at times, so it's best to play with a friend in Co-op mode the further you get on in the game, and its great fun wacking friends around the head with an electric staff ;)

I give Dead rising 3 a 9/10

4. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I want this game! NOW! :(

5. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Great review Darkside, this game is a lot of fun and feels and plays a lot better than the other Dead rising games in the series.
    It does get really hard the further you get it feels almost impossible at times, so it's best to play with a friend in Co-op mode the further you get on in the game, and its great fun wacking friends around the head with an electric staff ;)

I give Dead rising 3 a 9/10

Loving the game! Just miss the good ol' mods to get all skills :LOL:

I want this game! NOW! :(
    then buy it :lmfao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.