Not open for further replies.

Dark Souls 2 next-gen version 'not considered yet', director claims

NaCLy AF Jan 16, 2014

1. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    "We have not put any thought into this yet, so I unfortunately can't answer at this point," the From Software man told Edge.

Asked why the game was made for Xbox 360 and PS3 rather than newer consoles, Tanimura said: "At the start of development, we felt that there was still a lot of potential that remained unused in Dark Souls. I hope this can be seen with the demos and footage that we have released. Our intention was to capitalise on the total potential of [seventh-generation] consoles and deliver the game to fans as soon as possible."

In December, Dark Souls 2 producer Takeshi Miyazoe also told Edge that From Software and publisher Namco had never considered bringing the game to Wii U. "Wii U never came up, and we never doubted that (decision) either," he said. "It was more of a company decision, so I wasn't the one that decided this, but I think the audience for the Wii U is a lot different from the audience for Dark Souls."

Additionally, Miyazoe said he doesn't expect From Software to develop any DLC for the upcoming game. "For Dark Souls 2, we don't even expect any additional downloadable content because we want to deliver a full game, the full experience, to fans who purchase the package from day one."

The Dark Souls 2 release date on PS3 and Xbox 360 is March 11, 2014 in North America and March 14 in Australia and Europe. A PC edition of the game will follow "shortly" after.

Source: CVG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.