Could PS4 Be Getting A Reputation System?

Bullet Mar 31, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Could the PS4 be getting a reputation system similar to the Xbox rep system? Well a survey conducted by Sony themselves certainly suggest that this could be true.
    It would appear that Sony are going for some very similar settings to the Xbox 360 with respect to player zones, ability to appear offline and also the reputation.
    Here are some of the questions in the survey:

Player reputation system based on a user rating system

Advanced matchmaking system (to help pair you with players at your skill level or player preference)

Ability to chat across Playstation Platforms (i.e, with PS3 or PS Vita users)

Ability to change your username

Ability to be invisible: see who is online without broadcasting the fact that you are online

Ability to party chat with more than 8 people at a time

Synchronization of messages across platforms, so that PS3/PS Vita messages all appear on PS4 and vice versa

On-screen notifications when your friends come online

As you can see Sony are considering some very cool features for the PS4, what do you think about them, are they need or not? Or maybe you feel there are other features needed..

Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. Dj

Djjw Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Xbox one could be going under if ps gets cross gen chat. Xbox one makes you choose 1 or 360 to chat to your friends. None of my friends has got a Xbox one so I can't talk to them. I might sell it soon!!

3. xACHILLIESx

xACHILLIESx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    this is why i kept my 360 that way if i needed to hop on to play with my 360 members of my can. And when majority of my xbox one members are on i can do so as well. neither xbox or ps4 i think will ever implement a cross platform chat but who knows.

4. Wo

Wolfmaster5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This will never happen:<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">Ability to chat across Playstation Platforms (i.e, with PS3 or PS Vita users)</span>

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">SONY is to fixrated on the PS4 and PS Vita and nothign else they don't care about the PS3 owners cause lets face it those that have a PS3 enjoy it right now cause I have a feeling that next year you'll be saying goodbye to the online service for the PS3 yes you can still buy games and movies from the PS Store but what about online game play you ask, well companies will keep up their server's for some games like COD and Borderlands 2 and The Wolf Among Us (which is a sweet game).</span>

I for one would like to see something done for those that a PS3 and still play online games like COD and Borderlands 2.