Corrupted Game Profile?

jeffmangum May 26, 2014

1. je

jeffmangum Newbie
    0/47

This happened after plugging my hdd to my pc and used Horizon to transfer this DLC (that didnt even work!).
    The profile is still there. The achievements and all. But when I open a game, it doesnt recognize the profile. When I try to sign it again, it just opens the menu to choose the icon. And the gamerscore is 0.
    But the saves are still there so its not all bad.

But I just hate it cause every reboot, the profile is reset. so the settings for the game is also reset. And the icon is grayed out etc. BUT on FSD, i can still sign in with my profile and see my gamerscore and avatar and icon.

Also, i should mention that my profile is stored in the external hdd. Whereas my sister's profile which is working fine, is stored on the system unit. So im thinking when i unplugged my hdd, my profile got fucked. And by the way, when i look at my profile on the storage, theres no alert that its corrupted.

So whats the deal here? What do i do? Clear system cache? (if i do that will that delete my fsd?)

2. Slingblade1170

Slingblade1170 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    I had this problem a few times using Le Fluffie and the only fix was recovering your profile from Xbox Live.

3. je

jeffmangum Newbie
    0/47

I dont use Xbox live so...

Right now ive no choice but to start over. Problem is, the SAVE DATA! i didnt know a save data is dependent to a profile.

I used horizon. You can edit the game save there so i changed the profile id to match the new one. Thought it was a success but its not recognized by the game when i start. :(

4. Slingblade1170

Slingblade1170 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    All save data can be edited to work with your new profile on Horizon very easily. Change the profile IDs on the save data to your new profile and save, rehash and resign.

5. je

jeffmangum Newbie
    0/47

Actually it worked!
    But on some games its not. Is that possible or did i just do something wrong? On tomb raider and black ops 2, it didnt recognize the save data.

6. Slingblade1170

Slingblade1170 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    Well since you don't have online then you must mean your campaign save data and yes it should recognize it just fine. I would try again and if it still fails then Black ops 2 campaign isn't so bad to start over but I don't know about Tomb Raider, never played it.

7. je

jeffmangum Newbie
    0/47

Yeah the campaign save data.
    Nah its good i finished those 2 games anyway. Good thing my current playing game, the save data is working fine.

Anyway, is there any chance for the new profile to have the gamerscore of my corrupt profile. Its already 4k+ i just wanna see it. I think u cant move achievements but how about just the number only?

8. Slingblade1170

Slingblade1170 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    You can just use Horizon to unlock the achievements you already had, since you don't get on Xbox Live there is no risk of reset or ban. Just see what achievements you had on the old profile then unlock them using Horizon.

9. je

jeffmangum Newbie
    0/47

Are there no other risk when I mod the profile? I mean im fine if i dont have any achievements but.. is there a risk? I mean what if it gets corrupted again? And yeah i dont have xbl but my jtag is connected to the internet so..

10. Slingblade1170

Slingblade1170 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    Well if you mod achievements and rack up 100k GS in a day then get on Xbox Live they will reset your GS and you can never get it back. Since you don't get on Xbox Live you are at no risk there. As for profile corruption there is really no way for that to happen with modding achievements. Simply unlock the achievements you want then ALWAYS save, rehash and resign when you done with anything whether its modding saves, achievements, tranferring etc...

Also, with Horizon after you mod the achievements you want, I would back up your profile to your PC in a folder where if you ever have your profile corrupted again then you can simply inject the backup back to your Xbox. I would also backup your profile often if you do a lot of modding to it so you can stay a step ahead with your saves and achievements.

11. je

jeffmangum Newbie
    0/47

Thanks. Will do that. Although it might be tedious cause i have 4k+ gs and id have to one by one pick an achievement for that! If only Horizon has a feature to just type in your desired gamerscore.
    Anyway, if i backup my profile, will it also backup my saves? Cause thats the important part. Also, i dont remember horizon having a backup function where it exports a file...

12. Slingblade1170

Slingblade1170 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    Make sure you have the latest Horizon, open your flash drive, HDD or whatever in the device explorer, find what you want to backup and right-click and select extract file, then extract it to a folder that you want. Extracted profiles will be like EE004858884 and extracted saves will have various names but will load normally in Horizon. Just backup everything you want to keep and if anything goes south on your profile or saves you can just inject your backups.

13. co

combatlord59 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Always have back ups because if you mess up or the save editor messes up one bit of code in your profile it corrupts and nothing works forever and all the time