Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox 360 Leaderboard Hacked, Xbox One Version to Hit BAN-ME-PLEASE Websites Soon

ADDZ Nov 21, 2013

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox 360 Leaderboard Hacked, Xbox One Version to Hit BAN-ME-PLEASE Websites Soon

[​IMG]

Some gamers who have been playing the popular fps (first person shooter) title Call of Duty: Ghosts have complained that the game was hacked and the leaderboard scores were tampered with, several times of late.

Users, who have been playing regularly, have recognised the hacks and have been asking Infinity Ward, the game's developer, why they are not taking any action or even monitoring the multiplayer online activity.

There is a list of incidents which indicate the existence of such hackers.
    The first incident involves a player who finds two players working together. In one round he noticed that they were both on the same side and were playing well. While in another round, both players were found playing against each other, with the in-game perks enabled. The player who noticed this reported the case immediately.

It has been also revealed that one of the gamers, with his own website, was selling the mobbed lobby he created. Those who tried to get in touch and talk to him got DDOS's (distributed denial-of-service) attack, reports Gameranx.

While these hacking attacks keep on increasing for Call of Duty: Ghosts, it's surprising why the developer is not responding to such attacks, which is spoiling the essence of the game.
    Microsoft Xbox One Version Gets Dumped Successfully

Meanwhile, it has been noted that another hacker, named c4eva, has successfully dumped the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts. The game is yet to hit the BAN-ME-PLEASE websites for downloads but it would not take long. There is still no way to play the game on a retail console, reports Videogame Scene.

Following is an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) log with some details on the game:

[2013-11-16 12:39AM UTC] #fw first xbone disc dump completed! Ghosts 47Gb! XG4 cometh!
    [2013-11-16 03:41AM UTC] #fw XG4=XboxGamedisc4 - Bluray Disc Type Identifier from PIC (Permanent Information and Control data zone) on the disc!
    [2013-11-16 05:52AM UTC] #fw cod ghosts psn layer 0 start/end: 0x 00100000/00ad7f1e
    [2013-11-16 05:52AM UTC] #fw (00ad7f1e-00100000) 1=9d7f1f sectors *0800=4ebf8f800 (21,138,831,360 bytes)
    [2013-11-16 05:53AM UTC] #fw cod ghosts psn layer 1 start/end: 0x 015280e0/01effffe
    [2013-11-16 05:53AM UTC] #fw (01effffe-015280e0) 1=9d7f1f sectors - same as layer 0
    [2013-11-16 05:53AM UTC] #fw *0800=4ebf8f800 (21,138,831,360 bytes)
    [2013-11-16 05:54AM UTC] #fw = Total Disc 42,277,662,720 bytes
    [2013-11-16 05:58AM UTC] #fw the disc is made up of one metadata folder with some pics and one package1.xvc file of 41,285,020 KB length
    [2013-11-16 06:00AM UTC] #fw yes!

Source: ibtimes

2. KobeJack

KobeJack Newbie
    0/47

What state is HI in the middle rOund on the ends
    Console:
    Xbox
    what are they supposed to do reset the leaderboards lol every cod has been modded thats the way it is leaderboards are ruined on any good game because any truly good game worth playing is modded. Those backed up discs are going to be pretttty pricey i'm sure as well as the burner required. I think we all just hope its worth modding the XBone ;)

3. AD

ADDZ Guest

Depending on the security checks on the drive and the updates M$ are planning it would be a good thing to go with a drive emulator this time round if they are able to emulate the drive that is, the games being 40GB is a killer for anyone wanting to back their games up to some sort if disc!

4. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    what do you mean Xbox one version soon to hit BAN-ME-PLEASE site its been on all day mate, or do you mean something else :)
    [​IMG]

People are working on a xkey version for XboxOne

5. AD

ADDZ Guest

I know it's been uploaded, I knew it was dumped with others too but this is an article for people that aren't as smart as you mate.

6. KobeJack

KobeJack Newbie
    0/47

What state is HI in the middle rOund on the ends
    Console:
    Xbox
    very good point.... something like an xkey will definitely be the way to go.

Hopefully maybe with the new console we will once again be able to enable unsigned code and be able to get on live without a service like stealth. I'm planning on sticking with the 360 for a while until maybe some next gen games come out (BF5 or the next CoD etc) depending on how long that will be

7. Coder123

Coder123 Finnish Modder XPG Developer TeamXPG
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Its pointless to even try to patch Ghosts anymore, since they didnt add the instant banning features before the actual launch, it just isnt happening anymore. Lets face it current gen is pretty much lost already, modders has taken over ghosts xD so what they are doing is they are gonna improve the security on next gen (atleast i would assume so) also making xkey will probably take some time to make :eek:

8. De

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    lol yeah I knew you'd know that's why I didn't understand the topic title soon to be on BAN-ME-PLEASE sites?, that's why I was wondering if it was something else bro, that's all, thought you knew something, as the topic was only just made and I knew you would know it was already up all day I thought it had to be something else.......

9. De

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    oh yeah I think it will be ages M$ would be very silly not to stuff these next gen consoles and games completley full of security, I'm not bothered when it gets done, just amazes me

10. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Those companies should work on smartly compressing their games for future generation consoles I mean with game sizes like these, god knows what games that could hit 100GB+ it's just Completely Insane IMHO.

Indeed it will definitely be a pain to backup those games. :LOL:

11. hahaman

hahaman Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    lol best news i have heard in a while...

12. samstaples

samstaples Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah I think ms has given up on the 360 and is focusing their attention on the xbox one, can't wait till the nextgens are cracked I'm not buying one until then