Call of Duty: Ghosts won’t have in-game livestreaming features or theater mode

XPGBuSh Aug 14, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    430/564

Console:
    Playstation 4
    [​IMG]

Call of Duty: Ghosts won’t feature the in-game live streaming feature like how Call of Duty: Black Ops II did. And in the same interview Daniel Suarez, vice president of production at Activision, confirmed that Theater mode is not returning either.

“We’re continuing the work that [Treyarch] did, eSports is a big initiative for us,” Daniel told me at the Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer reveal. He added that they’re going to continue supporting the community as much as they can with these features. That said, there is one big feature that won’t be included in Ghosts.

“So not all the feature sets that we had in Black Ops II will transfer over. So for example the streaming from the game feature we won’t actually be doing this year. The way that it worked inBlack Ops II is you had a certain resolution that you could output out. We didn’t really see the community adopting that so we’ve taken that feature out in Ghosts.” To that end, Theater Mode will also not be returning for Ghosts.

However, if you play on PS4 or Xbox One you will be able to live stream directly from the console – as the next-gen console has those features built in. And, they next gen consoles will also have the ability to record and share gameplay’s.

SOURCE: Destructoid

2. GamrInsanity

GamrInsanity FanBoyFeed
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    I like this! It makes it like the good old days. Some people depend on theater mode too much for capturing gameplay.

3. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Sucks for peps who can't/wouldn't get the X1.

4. GamrInsanity

GamrInsanity FanBoyFeed
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    It's just I'm my opinion people should want to get a capture card if they want to capture gameplay. Gamers have to want to capture more than just COD.