Call Of Duty: Ghosts Character Transfer includes Xbox 360 to PS4

xpghax Aug 22, 2013

1. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    45/47

Console:
    Other
    [​IMG]

If you’re still undecided on what next-generation console to invest in, or you already plan on swapping platform later in the year, fear not for your Call of Duty: Ghosts profile.

Mark Rubin from Infinity Ward has confirmed if you purchase Ghosts on the Xbox 360 and then decide to migrate to the PlayStation 4, your entire profile will transfer over – the same applies for PS3 to Xbox One.

“We felt very strongly that there’s a console transition here that is a heavy burden on players,” said Rubin in an interview with NowGamer, “on gamers spending that much money on a console and having to buy a bunch of new games.

“It’s not an easy thing for a lot of people and we wanted to be conscious of that and try and do something for players who can’t afford day-one to go out and buy a new console.”

Infinity Ward decided to create a universal console profile which can be accessed from any platform, from anywhere.

“So what we did was we created this idea of your Call Of Duty character – who you are – goes anywhere.

“So if I have an Xbox 360 and I purchase Call Of Duty: Ghosts on 5 November and Christmas comes and I finally get my Xbox One. My character will be there, so I don’t have to start over and start from scratch.”

“And it goes deeper from that,” adds Rubin. “Whatever console I have and I’m playing on, I can go to friends’ houses and I could play on their consoles even if they’re completely different.”

“And you can go back and forth if you want. You can go any platform you want – PC as well.

That’s something I think that as a player is important because, again, we hope we’re supporting people who don’t have tons of income.”

It was initially announced that the transfer process would only apply to the same platform family, but Infinity Ward have acknowledged the reality that many games will be migrating cross-platform.

Source: NowGamer

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Good news for those uncertain on what console they are getting ;)

3. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    agreed,really good move by IW ;)

4. eric22

eric22 Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Not a bad idea