Beginners Guide: QuickBoot v2.1 with USB XTAF GUI v44 (With Screenshots)

Met Nov 14, 2012

1. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi Guys, Though there are some tutorials on the web, They're either too short, Outdated or just confusing to some people so i would like share some Guides to aid some Beginners who are having troubles with some current apps for their JTAG/RGH XBOX 360 Consoles.

In this Guide we will be Using 2 Softwares, QiuckBoot v2.1 and USB XTAF GUI v44 Both are for Computer usage.

Quick Summary:

QiuckBoot- Uses .xex Files as a Shortcut in "My Games" Menu on XBOX 360 NXE(Home Menu of XBOX 360-Next Xbox Experience)
    [​IMG]

USB XTAF GUI- Browsers the Contents of a XBOX 360 Configured HDD/USB Drive.
    [​IMG]

We will be Using The current FreeStyle Dash 3 app for an Example so Lets Get Started.

1. Use a HDD/USB Drive That is Formatted to FAT32 Using a computer.

2. Connect the HDD/USB Drive to the XBOX 360 and Configure it(Customize the Reserve Storage for use with XBOX 360 Files and leave some Space for Computer use as you will be using the space of both for the .xex Applications)

3. Connect the HDD/USB Drive back to the Computer and Copy the Main Application Folder and Files, to the root of the HDD/USB Drive(Using Main Space left instead of XBOX 360 Reserve Storage Space)
    [​IMG]

4. Make sure the .xex file is name to default.xex for easier use with QuickBoot Program.

5. Open QuickBoot.exe, Select either Games On Demand or Game Demo Settings, Click "Scan XEX" and choose your Drive in which the .xex file is in it, just highlight the .xex main Application folder and click OK.
    [​IMG]

6. An Entry will be Automatically added, Now click "Build" and Games On Demand or Game Demo File should be Created in the HDD/USB Drive in a folder:
    Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000 or
    Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00008000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Open USB XTAF GUI Program, Click on File, open First USB Drive or other options if needed, on "Data Partition", look for the Location:
    Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000 or
    Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00008000

Otherwise right click and select "New Folder" to create the locations needed.
    [​IMG]

8. Drag and Drop the Games On Demand or Game Demo File created earlier on to the location.
    [​IMG]

9. Close all programs after transfer and click "safely remove" the HDD/USB Drive from the Computer and You're Done! Plug the HDD/USB Drive to the XBOX 360 and Launch game from "My Games" menu.

Notes:
    In the "My Games" Menu, Select "X" to Launch Games instead of "Play Now" as it will Trigger Last .xex Created by QuickBoot Program.

Extras:
    If You want to see Games On Demand or Game Demo Files created with QuickBoot in the "Quick Play" Menu on NXE, you can try changing the Game ID For example: change "C0DE9999" to "58419999", apparently 5841 is the code use commonly in XBLA(Xbox Live Arcade) games. Obviously when using USB XTAF GUI Program to transfer the Apps or Games, it will warn you of any Existing duplicated Titles. Do take note that only one .xex App is allowed to be launch in "Quick Play" Menu due to only having 1 game ID which is "C0DE9999" that is created in QuickBoot though it might work by changing the Game ID here and there but i have yet to get it working for multiple .xex Apps.

Hope it works for you Guys do let me know.

2. gtx650

gtx650 Newbie
    0/47

thanx bro...

nyc info..

i'll try soon