Backward Compatibility In The Works?

ADDZ Jan 29, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

Backward Compatibility In The Works?

[​IMG]

Sony recently announced their PlayStation Now service that is set to launch in the early part of the summer, however rumours have emerged that suggest Sony are working on emulation for PS2 and PS1 games on the PS4.
    All gamers like their classic titles, the ones they spent countless hours playing in their childhood, and nothing warms our hearts more than revisiting these games and with the PlayStation 4, we might just be able to do that.

You see, despite the fact these are just rumours, Eurogamer has publicly spoken about the situation, stating that emulation may be on its way, along with some impressive enhancements. Apparently, not only will you be able to play PS2 and PS1 titles but according to Eurogamer, the PlayStation 4 will have the ability to include 'HD Visual Enhancements' or play the game with a native HD resolution. Sony has declined to comment about this speculation, so for now, it remains a rumour.

2. K Ron Spliffs

K Ron Spliffs Mr. GreenThumb
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Hope its true! No doubt it is a good idea.

3. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    I hope the X1 do the same, or else the X1 will be a shi"e of 2014.

4. setsae

setsae " the one & only "
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Yes this will rule ,
    and from what I have gather there are going to correctly upscale each game so they dont look all stretched and washedout.

and the possiblitly of retro-adding trophies , o'my I can't wait !