Any ideas on this issue? Thanks Graphics card.

XPG Paddy Jul 10, 2013

1. XPG Paddy

XPG Paddy FTP Staff Lifetime Gold
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok Im helping a friend with his custom build over the phone. The problem is His computer wont boot with the graphics card in now. First of all it wasn't booting at all then randomly booted with a few tries.

It was then booting fine and installing windows then it had one green in the middle screen and the right of the screen few mins later said no signal on the tv and no it will not boot from graphics card at all. I have now told him for the time being to take out the card and use on board for the moment and he is installing windows atm.
    Here is the card

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-vtx3d-radeon-hd-7870...

Is this card faulty or is there anything in the bios need altering with the voltages?
    (He bought the Parts today)
    Any help thanks

2. weedkilla

weedkilla XPG Weedkilla
    95/188

Chef
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    What size of psu is getting used also was it an nvidia card previously?

3. raisinbrand

raisinbrand Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i am not sure if he still needs help, the post is from 10th july and i'll doubt he is still on the phone with his buddy. :D

and you do never alter any voltage stuff in the bios for a new graphics card or anything else if you don't know what you're doing.

the only thing you do in the bios is set the ram to the right speeds cause you normally have them on 1333mhz. and you even have xmp profiles for that so you don't have to put in any numbers yourself.

since he can video out from the motherboard he should've tested all the other components if they're working correctly.

1. prime 95 for cpu and ram tests - at least 12hours
    2. hw monitor to monitor the temperatures, cpu-z to check cpu and ram and what they're running at
    3. atto and crystal mark to bench the drives and see (especially with ssds) if they get to the speeds they're specified for.

after that i would return the card and anything else faulty to get a doa exchange. (doa=dead on arrival).

it doesn't matter what card it was before except for the fact that you would have to uninstall drivers and then install the right ones.

but you would notice anyway if you do a run in furmark to test the card ;)

and i hope everybody is aware that if you have a graphics card with a tdp of 250 watts and a cpu with 125 watts you're not going to get away with a 300 watt power supply. usually most people buy to much wattage anyway.