1. ka

kamranboss Newbie
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox
    hello guys i have Xbox 360 of 2010 Hitachi drive PAL machine modded chip i bought it in 2012 august
    can run all older games like gears of war 2, call of duty 4 and modern warfare 2 , saint rows 2 ,call of duty black oops but unfortunately cannot run battle field 3 and mw3 and Assassion creed 3 and saints row third , but for the newer games its appear i have to update the system :/ and am afraid to update, if i update it ? i will loose to run copy cd ? right ? so any solution ? help ? thanks in advance <3
    sorry for my weak English
    some of guys say i have to update the drive firmware ? how to update ? any good tutorials link am kinda nooby
    thnxxx in advance.

2. dave hudson

dave hudson Botty Destroyer XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You need to update your xbox to the newest Dash and then you need to reflash the dvd drive again to play the newest games because some new games won`t play unless you have the new dash.

3. noneed

noneed Hitman Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    You stated it has a mod chip inside, if that is correct do you know which one it is? I used to have a NME-360 2 installed years ago and I know that with that one I could update the dash just fine and it would play games as long as I injected the SS using the provided program. If you are playing with a chip though realize that unless you use it as an offline console you run the risk of getting banned.

The better choice, if you wish to play online, would be to deactivate or remove the chip, update the dash and then flash your drive with latest LT firmware.

4. ka

kamranboss Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I dont care if i get banned from xbox live i just want to play black oops 2 nd mw3 -_-" when i insert the disk its appear on screen you have to update to play this game i dont have the newest dashboard , should i simply download it from microsoft and put in in usb and update it manually offline after this its gonna work games like cod black oops 2 nd mw3 or not or should i reflash it ? note i never went to play online because for that i have a gaming pc i just love to play some games in console instead of pc.

please clear it to me i dont need to play xbox live idc abt online games in console i never went so i should just update it to newer dash ? for this reflash is nt necessary ? am i right ? sorry for my weak english hope u understand what i meant to say <3 thnx again

5. noneed

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Even if you wish to play offline, yes you would need the newest dashboard. Yes, you can download from MS website and put it on a usb on the root of the drive. You still haven't said what chip you have installed. When you turn on your console, do you have to hold in the power button longer to activate the chip or is always active or are you just assuming you have a chip installed?

6. ka

kamranboss Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i really dont know which chip installed i just bought it :S they said i can run copy game we installed a chip thats what i know .
    no nothing longer just simple clcik and its starts normally
    and i have the hitachi dvd

7. noneed

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Then who knows if you even have a chip or they just flashed the firmware and refer to it as chipped. I would say to open up the console and have a look for yourself. If you don't see a chip, either on top, underneath or wired to the dvd drive, then it is flashed. If you are comfortable with electronics than its really easy to flash that drive yourself, there are numerous tutorials out there. You would flash it back to stock firmware, update the dash and then flash the latest modded firmware for your Hitachi model. If there is a chip in there, then try just updating the dash and giving her a go. If it works great, if not, then remove the chip and proceed to flash the drive.

8. ka

kamranboss Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ok got it i will check it soon and thanks i really appriciate ur help <3 thumbs up