Aleyoso's Feedback for XPG

aleyoso Nov 20, 2013

1. al

aleyoso Banned
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello! Welcome to my Feedback for this site.
    I normally sit back and don't post much and watch and look around to see exactly what goes on, on a daily basis on a site. So far, I've noticed some things that I've not liked very much.
    Please don't think I'm hating on the site. I do like it. But, feedback is meant to be critical/harsh if needed to be.

So here's a few suggestions with a brief description why I think it should be changed/added/worked on.

Re Organize the forums- There is loads of cluster. I don't like having to scroll down my page a-lot to view a section. I think perhaps a "Tab" plugin would help with this or simply re-organizing it a bit better, maybe get rid of some sections that aren't really active?

Shoutbox "Bot" - I believe this is a major issue. Shoutbox I believe should be for chatting and to help see topics and posts being made. I've noticed it pretty much spams out the shoutbox and I believe that may be a reason why people don't use it as much. I don't think it is necessary for it to be "welcoming" or saying someone signed up. As half the times, it is bots or multiple accounters signing up.

Shoutbox Topic & Posting- I believe the whole "premium" section topics and posting shouldn't appear in the shoutbox. Due to the chaos of having to click it then it sending to homepage. People should know to check the premium section if they upgraded. Just my thought on that.

Staff & Members - Okay, so earlier today I noticed a thread being made. It was a poster that had previously made the same thread but this time added "cash prize" with it. A staff member pretty much warned him to not lie to him. As the poster was claiming he didn't make the exact same post. Long story short, they were arguing back and forth on the thread.

I believe that issue should be fixed.
    Staff have permissions to ban, warn, delete threads and more. I believe they need to start using them and definitely not argue with a poster on a thread. That's quite immature and from what I thought. "Staff" meant you are suppose to be mature and know how to make decisions. I believe that thread was finally deleted after I pointed out on it how childish they were acting and that it would run away a brand new member if he seen that crap. As it would. No member want's to be apart of a site where staff can't even run the forum and handle it.

I mean no dis-respect to anyone with this thread. But, I just believe it can be improved. Some threads for marketplace and other things could be updated with lengthy and more brief explanations of things. Some things are pinned that are beyond old that seem to be allowed now. Anyways. I just think more time needs to be spent on this site and I will help the best way I can.

I plan on staying here however. I do love the site members. They are mostly nice. Some are hard headed lol.

I've noticed a-lot of people have "badges". I do believe staff/admins need to re-consider how many people get those. A badge should be unique and be hard to obtain.

2. XPGUmari

XPGUmari Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I believe this is a well thought out, well formulated, and well conceived post. He did not lash out with immaturity, and he did point out some things that could be changed, such as with the bot. a long page in the forum section can sometimes be a hassle, but its not that bad in my opinion. But one thing I would like to point out is not many staff members, I know there's section mods, and global mods, but only a hand full of people can hand out things like badges, compared to a huge database of people asking for them. Some who rightfully deserve a badge without the staff even noticing them. I think that global mods should be allowed to give badges, or maybe one or two more admins should be appointed. If any admins are put into position from here on out, in my honest opinion, Rocky should be one of them ;)

3. orion0912

orion0912 Xpg Official Cripple
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    most of what you have said i have no opinion on but the comments on the bot i do as it is a feature that is there so that staff can see who is signing up to the site and catch people with dodgy usernames.

4. GoldZ

GoldZ Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff TeamXPG
    306/376

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the feedback, we will certainly have a good look through what is posted and discuss a few things.

Many thanks

5. al

aleyoso Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I believe there may be an easier way. Maybe a easier plugin that doesn't quite spam a shoutbox. I could help with that I believe if needed.
    Thank you. My point is. This site is awesome. It just has some flaws just like any other site. It just needs a bit of improvement and work. Just haven't seen that many people without a "trusted seller badge" and that badge should be unique I believe.

6. XPGUmari

XPGUmari Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm happy to see our feedback to the admins gets noticed unlike with ttg lol, but Goldz, could you take a look at the PM I sent you? I would really love my name to be XPGUmari ;)

7. al

aleyoso Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No thank you & the site owners for making this site what it is. I do appreciate what you guys have did.

8. xxatawxx10

xxatawxx10 Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    down with the bot :LOL:

9. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    K guys lets not turn this into a flame and bash other sites thread please

As GoldZ said , thank you for the feedback, things like this are taken into consideration , and will be used to better our community in the future ;)

10. XPGUmari

XPGUmari Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Rocky for admin! ;)