Adding DLC's

Skycosis Feb 23, 2013

1. Sk

Skycosis Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Does anyone know a good tutorial for adding DLC's games? I've sifted through the google mess and none most of their tutorial aren't actually tutorials. I'd like to learn how to do something like this myself, so please if anyone has some pointers or know a good thread anywhere I would really appreciate it.

2. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    do you have a jtag?

3. te

teamozie Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How to transfer DLC into your xbox 360
    --------------------------------------

Things you will need
    • 1- USB Drive/HDD formatted to be used with the xbox.
    • 1a- **Refer to my other tutorial in step 1 how to make a usb drive/hdd for the xbox if you dont already have one.
    • 2- Horizon, this is use to transfer dlc xbla xblig demos and much more
    • 3- 360 Content Manager
    • 4- jtag or rgh console.
    Transferring DLC to the USB Drive/HDD
    ------------------------------------
    • 1- Have your DLC Downloaded and extracted. i will be using Forza Horizon for instance.
    • 2- Plug in your USB Drive/HDD to get it ready
    • 3- open up 360 Content Manager >> google it.
    [​IMG]
    • 4- Locate the dlc you wish to put into the usb drive/hdd
    [​IMG]
    • 5- all the dlc you wish to transfer should be shown, check box all of them [or ctrl+A] and then hit the lock icon up top [or f6] to double check if the dlc is already unlocked.
    • 6- a menu will pop up and will list all the dlc that will be check to see if they are locked/unlocked. so just press patch on the lower right, if they are green then they have been unlocked, if its red they might of been already patched.
    [​IMG]
    • 7- click on one of the dlc and check it out, see if it says unlocked in the boxes below, it will also show where the intall paths are if you need them.."\Content\0000000000000000\xxxxxxxx\00000002\" we wont need those cause we are gonna use Horizon.
    [​IMG]
    • 7a- **you do have a option to ftp these over but that is for advance people and not every one is advance so lets keep it basic and the easy way and sorta faster way cause u dont have to use network speeds to transfer into the xbox.
    • 8- close out 360 content mananger and open up the folder where all the dlc are and also open up horizon.
    [​IMG]
    • 9- select all the dlc in the folder and drag it over to the open panel of the device explorer
    [​IMG]
    • 10- once done you will get a pop up of what has been transfered over to the usb drive/hdd
    [​IMG]
    • 11- your done with the program so close it out and now lets take the usb over to the xbox and plug it in and play your game.

How to move the dlc into the internal xbox hard drive **optional!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    • 1- go to NXE dash
    [​IMG]
    • 2- go to settings and go into storage
    [​IMG]
    • 3- Select memory unit, or if you renamed your usb drive then select that
    [​IMG]
    • 4- go into games and apps
    [​IMG]
    • 5- Scroll down to the game you have the dlc for, for me im doing horizon, press game options
    [​IMG]
    • 6- you can copy it or move it.. you dont want to delete it cause you just transfer them over!
    [​IMG]
    • 7- select move and a menu will pop up asking where would you like to move them to.. press A on Hard drive
    [​IMG]
    • 8- a move is now in progress, you wont get a pop up saying that the move was complete.. but you are done.
    [​IMG]

now this was optional, reason this is optional is cause the usb drive is already a device that can be used as a xbox storage.. so you can keep the dlc in the usb drive and play the game and it will still load all the dlc for that game.

you can also do the other way instead of putting dlc into a xbox hdd, if you have dlc that u downloaded from xbox live you can simply copy the file from the hdd to the usb.. just like we did usb to hdd.. and then you can prolly share a dlc we need =]

4. Sk

Skycosis Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.

5. The_hood23

The_hood23 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey , Well i did the same , and the dlc is on my hard drive as you said , but when i turn the game on , its like the usual , like what it was , no new characters , no quests , like what is wrong please help ? ASAP PLEASE . THank you