A Selection Of Flashing Questions

GibboHull Feb 17, 2013

1. GibboHull

GibboHull Newbie
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Right then everyone, got a selection of questions for you. You probably get this a lot, and for that I apologise. :D.

Right to kick off; I have an Xbox 360 Elite console, it's about 2 years old and from what research I have gathered has a BenQ Liteon drive and is running dashboard 2.0.16202.0, the main question is can this be flashed? from the research I have done there isn't much chance of me being able to Jtag it, but I only want to play backups anyway. If it is possible to flash it, how difficult is it? Is it possible for a complete novice like myself?

The other questions I have is; Is flashing my 360 "Safe"? I had someone flash my console before and it got the RROD a couple of weeks later, can this lead to the RROD or was it just at the end of it's lifespan?

The other possible problem I have is the fact that my disc drive sometimes makes a "noise" when there isn't a disc in it, an almost grinding noise, it can also take a little while before starting to install games. My worry is that if I flash it the copied games wont play due to my drive being crap.

Cheers in advance everyone, and sorry again for the silly noobish questions.

2. AD

ADDZ Guest

1. Any Phat Xbox can be flashed so that's all good (BenQ/LiteOn are good drives too.

2. Games are stealthed with "ABGX360" to make them safe for XBL.

3. No RGH for 16202 dash as of yet (Release soon though for that dash).

4. The grinding noise can be the laser just needing a little tweak so it's not straining to hard to look for a disc/read a disk.

3. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    addz has beaten me to this one if you get stuck m8 make a thread and well guide you .

4. GibboHull

GibboHull Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Cheers lads, appriciate the advice.

From what I can figure out I need to follow this tutorial? http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/25352-ixtreme-burner-fw-flashing-tutorial-no-download/#.USFGC2fhOSo

And I need to get myself the equipement needed from here, a SATA cable and to download the firmware?

5. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Playstation 4

No buddy that's for burning your games

You need to follow this guide to flash your xbox - http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/25423-beginners-guide-what-you-need-to-flash-a-xbox-360-and-how-to-set-it-all-up/#.USFIFqXwmSo