“We’re over-delivering value”: Mattrick defends Xbox One pricing

XPGBuSh Jun 17, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    [​IMG]

Xbox One’s $499 / £429 price-point has received some flack since it was confirmed last week, but Microsoft’s Don Mattrick believes the numbers stack up as the company is over-delivering value.

Speaking with Bloomberg TV, Mattrick said, It’s a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted. We’re over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get.

“Any modern product these days you look at it [and] $499 isn’t a ridiculous price point. We’re delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they’re going to love it when they use it.”

Meanwhile Phil Spencer has said that consumers will only see the true value of Xbox One once its sitting on retailers shelves and all the ins and outs of the console are laid bare.

Source - VG247

2. SphinxOG

SphinxOG Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I agree i think people are being to hard on Microsoft, £80 for Kinect aint too bad of a price, sure it would of been nice if it was optional but at the end of the day Microsoft have provided a world class service on xbox live, been a gold member myself fr 6 years and can only think of once the service has been unavailable and i play all the time.

I think as we get closer to launch people will start to realize that the price aint that high really, i mean i could go buy a laptop with onboard graphics and less storage for the same price not to mention the games would barely play on low settings

3. DO

DOPEBOI Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    The actual console itself is as cheap as the PS4 is but it's the stupid mandatory Kinect that's the problem here. Without that piece of spyware crap it would be £100 cheaper. A Kinectless version would have been a much better option.

4. Tcjfoos

Tcjfoos Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    MS way of spying lol...

I have a Kinect foe my 360 and have used it. still in the box.

for the games I play it makes no sense and is pointless.

5. keyring90

keyring90 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Not sure why people are so worried about the Kinect spying for? If your so worried, turn it off as they said you can, but also cover the lens with some tape and the mic with some foam. Job done.

6. RenownedZ3r0

RenownedZ3r0 Save Request Pro
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    People these days just want something to complain about, especially with the price of the Xbox One, but at the same time, people would go out and spend like 500-600 on the PS3 on release or a Ipad that in my opinion is a worthless piece of junk.

7. yllwboysr

yllwboysr Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    IMO the price is justified. If you think it's too expensive don't buy it. SIMPLE AND PLAIN

8. Memphy

Memphy Blunts and Bombay
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Xbox One’s $499 / £429 price-point has received some flack since it was confirmed last week, but Microsoft’s Don Mattrick believes the numbers stack up as the company is over-delivering value.

[​IMG]

9. Bu

Bullet Guest

The kinect is mandatory for the TV aspect of the Xbox One, you remember, the main focus of the xbox one...