How To Remove Stuck Disc From Xbox One Disc Tray
SummaryIf you can’t eject your disc from your Xbox One console, try these solutions in order. If the first solution doesn’t solve the problem, go to the next one.
Solution 1: Restart your console, and then try to eject the disc
Note If you’re unable to access the guide, or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart. After the console restarts, press the eject button to remove the disc.
- Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
Note Double-tapping the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
- Select Settings.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- After the console restarts, press the eject button to remove the disc.
Or, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the power cord and any other cables connected to the console.
- Uncoil a large paper clip.
Note A standard-size paper clip is not long enough to eject the disc. You must use a large paper clip because it must be inserted about 1.5 inches (nearly 4 centimeters) to successfully eject the disc.
- Find the small orange rectangle behind the vents on the left side of the console.
- Insert the straight end of the paper clip into the eject hole, located next to the orange rectangle. You may have to angle it slightly forward (toward the front of the console) as you insert it.
- The disc should pop out slightly. Pull out the disc the rest of the way with your fingers.
Note Make sure the disc isn’t sticky and doesn’t have a label that might prevent it from ejecting again in the future.