Final Fantasy 7-9 Save Editors +Tut

Vash The Stampede Aug 6, 2012

1. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    hey guys im here to share some editors and a small guide on how to use it its the same as the other guide i made but with out cwcheats codes okay here we go

Requirements:
    -PSP With Custom Firmware
    -PS1 Game Save From ps3
    -Usb Type B
    -Any ps3
    -And a copy of the game for ps3 and psp
    -Theses files:
    Final Fantasy 7 https://www.mediafire.com/?to65kc1j5t05ruk
    Final Fantasy 8 http://www.mediafire.com/download/gfbzgpw5e7u42j0/Hyne-1.8.2.zip
    Final Fantasy 9 https://www.mediafire.com/?u23mabclwian698
    Rest of the modding files https://www.mediafire.com/?zh55u75wrdpdpl9

Okay lets get started first off put a usb into the ps3 to copy the ps1 game save once done that
    go to "Game" "Memory Card Utility(ps/ps2)" then your ps1 memory card where you saves are
    select the save you want to copy by pressing triangle then copy it to your usb once you do that put you usb to the pc

Once you have the usb into your pc you will see a folder named PS3 copy that to your desktop

once you are done that open MemcardRex once that is opened click the edit tab then import your save
    (that will be the one in the PS3\EXPORT\PSV folder) once that is loaded click the file tab then
    choose save as then under save as type choose (DexDrive Memory Card (*.gme) )

then open memmanager13 once that is opened click the ... as showen in this picture
    [​IMG]

once you clicked the ... choose the .gme file that you made as showen in this picture
    [​IMG]
    (your save will be put where you saved it)

now click save as and under save as type choose (ePSXe (*.mcr)

okay to find your id of the save open MemcardRex drag your .mcr or .gme into it and it will load your save
    you will see under product code your games id (the id is very imporant the psp game and ps3 version have to be the same) for example my legend of dragoon is SCUS-94491 that's the code for my game once you find out your id open notepad and save it close MemcardRex

Now rename your *.mcr save file to XXXX_XXXXX-0.mcr, where X's represent the game ID. So if your game ID was SCUS-94491, you would name your file SCUS-94491-0.mcr

now all you have to do is open the save in the editor the .mcr file (like you would do with a xbox 360 save)
    edit what you want on your saves then save it (note if you use the psv file it might corrupt the file)

now copy that mcr file to X:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc\ where X is you PSP Memory Stick drive.

[​IMG]

Now, boot your PSP and hold R to enter the recovery menu. Go to plugins and make sure both cwcheat.prx [GAME] and cwcheatpops [POPS] are enabled.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Exit the recovery menu and load the PS1 game. It must be the same game as the save file you are importing , and the same disc if necessary. You can use the program called "PSX2PSP" to make a PSX ISO into an eboot if you need to. Also, note that this will erase any previous saves on that game, so make a backup first if necessary.(so you saves id has to be the same as the games id to load the save that will be the same for the disc if your using a disc)

Once in game, press and hold Select for 1-3 seconds. A bunch of text should pop up.

[​IMG]
    Go to "Manage memory cards" and press X.
    [​IMG]

Now, you have a choice. If you want the save to be on Virtual Memory Card 1, choose "load memory card 1 from memory stick." if you want the save to be on Virtual Memory Card 2, pick "load memory card 2 from memory stick." Either one will work, but if you have a save on Memory card 1 you want to keep, for example, you could load it to Memory card 2 and you other save would not be affected.

Now, Reset the game.

Now, you need to save something else to the same memory card before exiting the game, otherwise the changes wont be permanent. I suggest you either play the file you imported, then save it, or start a new game and save it to the same card. Either way, as long as SOMETHING gets saved to the card it will remain. If options and settings are saved, that will probably work.

now to put it back to your ps3 you will have to plug your psp to you ps3 (with a usb) then load the psp into usb mode

once you are back one the psp and you psp is on usb mode go to "Game" then go to Memory Card Utility(ps/ps2) then choose psp (play station portable) choose your save usually its the first one if there multi section check both to make sure once open choose your save press triangle and copy it yo your ps1 memory card and your set to go

2. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Final Fantasy 9 game save editor added

3. emperfectmortal

emperfectmortal Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thx for the files and the tut

4. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    no problem

5. ro

rockstar61510 Newbie
    0/47

Can you re add the files? I followed the link for ff7 and it said it had been moved.

6. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    editors reuploaded

7. Na

NatsuTsuna Newbie
    0/47

the rest of the modding files has been removed from the site

8. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    uploaded

9. gc

gc304 Newbie
    0/47

okay i know this is old, but I need help......I have FF& on my ps3 I try following these steps but I cant open my save in mem manager because it doesnt support psv file type the ps3 saves it as.

10. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    give me your save i will try scene my ps3 is at my other house i don't have a ps1 save from the game
    and i will make a video to help you further (and before you ask you can upload to mega or mediafire to send to me )

11. fl

flare87 Newbie
    0/47

hi im new! i wont to play again ff9 but like gc304 when i try to open my save from ps3 he cant find it! can you help me? ^^

12. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    like i said to them please send me the save to see whats going on and if you have skype pm me your info
    and we can go from there