How to make your own Xbox 360
and stock firmware file
when you only have the key stored in a text document.
OK so I have been helping a member who wants to flash their drive to LT+3.0
I made a tutorial for them to follow but they ran into a problem.
Their DVD key wasn't in the form of a key.bin file, they only had their DVD key saved in a text document
and had no way of importing the key to the new firmware.
This is a very simple step by step guide on how to make your own DVD key.bin
and stock firmware file to use when flashing your Xbox 360 DVD drive
if you only have your DVD key saved in a text document.
I believe this will work for all Xbox 360 DVD drives, But I am unsure on if it will work for Hitachi drives.
OK Here I go!
You will need.
- A blank key.bin file:
- HXD Hex Editing Program:
- Jungleflasher 1.92 Beta (304) + Firmware:
- The Text document you have your DVD key saved to
Step By Step Guide.
1.Open your text document and highlight the DVD key.
2. Right Click over the highlighted text and click copy.
Now open HxD hex editor and drag the blank key.bin you extracted into HxD.
3. Highlight the hex string.
4. Right click over the highlighted Hex string and select "Paste Insert"
If done correctly you should end up with something similar to the following picture
but containing your DVD key in place of the FF FF FF FF FF string that was there previously.
5. Now click the save Button and close HxD.
6. Open Jungle Flasher and click the "Firmware tool 32" tab
7. Click the "Open Target Firmware" button and locate the stock firmware you require for your drive in the jungleflasher folder.
8.click the "Manual spoofing" button
9. Next click "Load Key.bin" and load the key.bin file you made previously in HxD.
10. Click OK.
Your target buffer should now look something like this
with your DVD key loaded into the new firmware.
11. Now click the "Save to file" button and save your firmware to the same folder as your new key.bin
Congratulations you have just made your own Stock firmware and DVD key.bin file!
You can now use the firmware file and key.bin for flashing your drive to stock
and for use when flashing LT+ firmware.
Remember to Keep your new Firmware and key.bin files safe as they contain your DVD drive details.
I hope this helps and was not to confusing.
Tutorial Made By: Ccaveman84
Property Of: www.xpgamesaves.com