Sony lost 3 millions dollars DUE to glitch!

Shadow Sep 9, 2015

1. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    55/94

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Sony lost 3 millions dollars due to a technical glitch that caused a 100% win rate for the Free PlayStation 4 Quiz

thats right you read it right,...... man i wish i had know on this QUIZ SOON... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: ... but i mit still be going on as theirs a TIMER in the top right.

So heres the full news and link to page.

You would not believe what our journalist went through to get this story covered.
    As a part of Sony's Play Station 20th Anniversary, the company is now working with it's trusted distribution partners to launch a quiz that allows users to win the brand new PlayStation 4 for free if they answered the quiz correctly.RockyFroggy was the official marketing team behind this marketing campaign.
    [​IMG]
    But something went horribly wrong due to the backend glitch and caused all users to be re-directed to the winning page which states "Get the latest PlayStation 4" right off the bat which without going through the quiz. To make it even better, everyone that paid for the £1 shipping fee would get an Samsung Galaxy Pocket for free as well. The Marketing Director, Mark Richards said during the interview, "We are still looking into this problem and had our website engineers already working to fix the glitch. However, we are legally bound to send out the PlayStation 4 if any users entered their details and participated in the service for more than 4 days."
    So what does this mean for the public who participated in the quiz? Thomas David, 29 years, entered his details and was announced a winner right after without even doing the quiz. He got her PlayStation 4 for free in the mail after a 5 days. All he had to do was to pay for shipping.
    [​IMG]
    Thomas explained: "I really wanted an PlayStation 4, and I stumbled upon this promotion, so I decided that doing a quiz won't take too much of my time anyways. All I have to do was to pay for £1 shipping cost. This is cheaper than a cup of coffee. 5 days later, I check my mail and I was delighted to see a new shiny box with a logo below Sony and my Samsung Galaxy Pocket. I gave the Samsung Galaxy Pocket to my sister as I only needed the PlayStation 4!". Said Thomas while beaming with a wide smile during the short interview with our journalist.
    Apparently, this promotional tactic is a common practice among large companies with big marketing budgets. For example, Burger King launched a similar campaign in 2013, offering 20,000 free Whoppers on Facebook.
    Here's how Julie got her PlayStation 4 for free: (warning, this glitch might be fixed soon)
    During this special promotion, you will be getting a brand new Samsung Galaxy Pocket as well! Your product will be shipped right away after you pay for the £1 shipping cost, and you will receive it within 5-7 business days.
    Click here to check if £1 PlayStation 4 are still available
    So you can get an PlayStation 4 for incredibly cheap. But is the new PlayStation 4 really the best Console Game on the market?
    Our review department compared the PlayStation 4 to many other console game and this is what we concluded that compared to previous PlayStation versions and XBox, the PlayStation 4 ranks #1 ingame quality, support, screen resolution, speed and network community.
    In short, it's the best, most reliable console game currently on the market. Combined with the fact you can get one for only £1, the choice is a no brainer.
    Update September 9, 2015:

Our team felt that the promotion of this PlayStation 4 was too good to be true, so we tried to enter the quiz ourselves, and guess what, we received the PS4 yesterday morning! We only paid for the shipping.
    [​IMG]
    We thought this special offer was too good to be true, so we ordered an PlayStation 4 over the weekend and received it yesterday morning!

WARNING: The glitch of the Sony PlayStation 4 for free might by fixed by 9 September, 2015. We got news that the engineers are already fixing the glitch. After the fixed, you will not be able to win instantly like how the other visitors did. Check out if the glitch is still available!.

2. bornbad

bornbad Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how did i miss this ;(

3. XPG Peas

XPG Peas Graphic Designer
    25/47

Console:
    Other
    A playstation 4 for a quid wouldn't of been bad :( Nice post!

4. SLAVE

SLAVE Skate
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    bruh nooo lol i wanted one lol

5. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    trying it now now all i need is my pin, but i make sure to make a call to my bank and tell them to look out if anything funny is going on in my account.

just in case. ;)

6. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Banned (Read The Rules) BANNED
    55/94

Xbox One
    wow! i mad that i missed this!