Buy Digital Games without Tax

Anonz Aug 4, 2015

1. Anonz

Anonz Rookie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    All you have to do is change your billing address to a place without sales tax (America) or low sales tax (Canada). Choose the country of your account below :to_pick_ones_nose3:​
    American Accounts:
    There are some States in America without sales tax, so we'll use one of them.

Step 1: Go to http://www.xbox.com and scroll down to the bottom left corner and click on"(Your Country Here)" and change it to "United States"

Step 2: Go to https://account.xbox.com/en-US/PaymentAndBilling

Step 3: Click "Billing Info" and then click "Change Billing Address"

Step 4: *MAKE SURE IT SAYS "Country/Region: United States"*
    Now put the information in the fields of a place in Oregon, since that state doesn't have sales tax.

Here's the address for the Oregon University

1585 E. 13th Avenue
    Eugene, Oregon, 97403
    541-346-3201

Step 5: Click "Next" and then "Next"

You are now done. Enjoy your savings! ;)
    EUROPE:
    For Europe, I would recommend using the US marketplace and using the American billing address.

$59.99 USD = 52.60 Euro
    $59.99 USD = 38.96 GBP

Using the American marketplace would save you money when converting the currencies.​
    CANADA:
    For people in Canada, there are no Provinces without sales tax, but Alberta (and some other places) have low sales tax (5%) so we can change our billing address to an Alberta one and still save money.

Step 1: Go to http://www.xbox.com and scroll down to the bottom left corner and click on"(Your Country Here)" and make sure it says "Canada"

Step 2: Go to https://account.xbox.com/en-CA/PaymentAndBilling

Step 3: Click "Billing Info" and then click "Change Billing Address"

Step 4: *MAKE SURE IT SAYS "Country/Region: Canada"*
    Now put the information in the fields of a place in Alberta, since that Province only has 5% sales tax.

Here's the address for the University of Alberta:

116 St. and 85 Avenue
    Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2R3
    780-492-3111

Step 5: Click "Next" and then "Next"

You are now done. Enjoy your savings! ;)

2. no

nobody1148 i like rocks Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    dude nice share but i don't really mind paying taxes...

3. Anonz

Anonz Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Some people don't want to spend more money on cards when let's say they have $60 and they can't buy a game that is $60 on the marketplac because of the taxes.

4. Ra

Radiankh Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    please note that after a lengthy discussion with Microsoft on the subject of using an alternative countrys store they informed me that some possibly all content on the store is region locked they would not be drawn into a discussion on what is or is not locked out between regions and that the use of an account in another country but your own from another country is a ban able offence so if you are in Europe sadly we a stuck being shafted on prices altho they did say that repeated offences would get you banned not a single transactions

5. h3

h3nd0 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    this is where you are wrong my friend. i have been buying games from foreign digital stores since more or less launch and is more than possible using microsofts own websites.

6. xxxAcid

xxxAcid R* Chick
    35/47

P.A
    Console:
    Xbox One
    @ h3ndo this means they havent caught you not that its allowed. MS have always stated it violates the rules by purchasing games from any other region than your own.

still for anyone who is interested in doing this you can use this site to check out and compare prices some games you can pick up for half the price they cost in UK xbox-storechecker(dot)com

7. Ra

Radiankh Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    while you may never actually be caught if you are then Microsoft will ban you and there will be no appeal so say good bye to all your purchased content not a risk worth taking given its a £300 console and without the use of live it loses a lot of functionality even if you never play multiplayer

8. Anonz

Anonz Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    lol you have to be stupid if you think microsoft will ban you for a savings of $2-3. I've been using this since 360 for purchasing digital titles.

9. bornbad

bornbad Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Let me clear this up for everyone

Yes it is against the terms and conditions
    Yes it COULD result in a ban

I ve never heard of a ban acc or suspended acc yet for doing this .

Microsoft makes it easy to change regions on their consoles and site.They give you the option to change should you leave your current region unlike sony

Dlc restrictions on xbox 1 content i ve not come across any but does nt mean one or two games have nt got restrictions

My personal opinion can i see Microsoft banning someone ? no my reasoning ,well game sharing is available so my mate in the states could share his games with me or i could send him the cash to buy the game to share with me.

.But it is still against current T & C s and uk ppl can save anywhere froma fiver to fifteen gbp buying on us store but you do so at YOUR own risk

10. me

meno2012 Newbie
    0/47

thank you very much i tried it on xbox 360 and it succeeded ..but after downloading it i must download 1 more thing inside the game and it says to me that :Sorry, something went wrong. This isn't available for your region, or the file is corrupted, or we don't recognize the format. Find more info by looking up status code 80150017 at www.xbox.com/errorhelp
    help me please

11. da

daz316 Newbie
    0/47

I tried this before but would not let me use my uk debt card, how do you guy pay?

12. dsharp33

dsharp33 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Thanks for the share, I will keep this in mind.

13. Ihavebo3

Ihavebo3 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Thx I'll keep this in mind next time I buy a game off the market.