Windows 10 cross platform question

PiousPigeon Jul 29, 2015

1. PiousPigeon

PiousPigeon Newbie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi everyone.

Just a quick question regarding the future cross platform capability of Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Will it be possible to transfer game saves between the two platforms? So that in theory, you could edit your save game saves in Windows 10 with cheat engine, then transfer and access the modded save on your Xbox?

It seems like such a simple solution, I'm assuming it wouldn't work as I haven't seen anyone mentioning this.

2. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    I am going to say no, Cheat Engine is a memory scanner meaning it would have to be running on said console while the game is running so it could scan the games memory and then allow you to edit it, Cheat Engine will never be able to run on Xbox One honestly. Does this possibly open save editors to be designed? Quite possibly, but Microsoft I am sure know's players will be doing this, and I am sure will do something to prevent this from happening.

3. mr

mrelectriccity Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    what about the Device ID i think its called but its been a good min since i've used it as i haven't played my 360 n a good while, but i remember on Horizon when modding game saves it had a device id that has to match ur consoles id. would that also work with Xb1 if you know it. I know if u go to folders on windows 10 and go to the Xbox App folder or any app folder wont let u access it but if u use another software i used photoshop cause what i had opened at the time but when i went to file open on photoshop and went to the apps folder and Xbox App folder it let me access it and went through bunch of files and some of them contain some info about ur console. But wont let u edit any info & save it as it'll come back an error and wont save.